Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Can Lat and Long details are allowed to Pass inside GeographicLocationRefOrValue Tag of 673 GET API

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 23, 2023 10:02

I am working on a requirement where i need the details of geocode in the site address details. 675 is the strategic interface for location data however calling a different API (675 follows by 673) for just lat-long have possibility to breach NFR benchmark. Is it allowed to add Lat, Long and Accuracy info inside GeographicLocationRefOrValue Tag of 673 GET as long as Provider system is ready to share ?

------------------------------
    Saikat Ghosh
    Principal Solution Architect
    Tech Mahindra Limited

• 2.  RE: Can Lat and Long details are allowed to Pass inside GeographicLocationRefOrValue Tag of 673 GET API

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 24, 2023 01:20

Yes absolutely Saikat. This is the purpose of RefOrValue pattern, allows you to pass an entire entity content or partial content by value. Bear in mind that this is just an interface - the implementation still needs to do the hard work and actually do the retrieval, but you are saving one network hop by having all the data returned in one call.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Can Lat and Long details are allowed to Pass inside GeographicLocationRefOrValue Tag of 673 GET API

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 27, 2023 02:04

Thank you Jonathan

Saikat Ghosh
    Principal Solution Architect
    Tech Mahindra Limited

• 4.  RE: Can Lat and Long details are allowed to Pass inside GeographicLocationRefOrValue Tag of 673 GET API

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 24, 2023 04:17

Yes Saikit, It may happen that you may need to extend the API to cater specific requirements. You can extend APIs based on TMF guidelines. I suggest to visit this link  TMF630 REST API Design Guidelines 4.2.0 | TM Forum. 

Best Regards,

Sanket Kulkarni

Amdocs

Sanket Kulkarni

• 5.  RE: Can Lat and Long details are allowed to Pass inside GeographicLocationRefOrValue Tag of 673 GET API

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 24, 2023 04:17

Yes Saikat. It is absolutely ok to extend TMF API/ pass references which are TMF compliant. I suggest to visit guidelines to understand extension patters and other details: TMF630 REST API Design Guidelines 4.2.0 | TM Forum

Best Regards,

Sanket

Sanket Kulkarni