Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  CTK in Design Phase

Posted Oct 24, 2022 23:25
    Hi,

Our project would like to use CTK in the design phase just to validate the specification meets CTK rules. I am quite new in CTK implementation phase and It seems CTK should be used during implementation phase as a quality gate for an api. I used Openapi code generator to create stub and test with dummy data. But that too require considerable amount of development effort during design phase to use CTK.

Can you please help me to guide/any possibility that can help me to use CTK in design phase with minimal development work?

Also we have made some extension in our schema which should be validated by CTK. Can we modify the CTK package as provided by Tmforum ?

------------------------------
    Tamal Kanti Panja
    Tata Consultancy Services

• 2.  RE: CTK in Design Phase

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 25, 2022 07:24
    Hi Tamal

Not quite sure what added value you can expect from the CTK at design phase.
    The API's CTK and swagger file are generated from the same underlying assets (data model schema and rules file). So if your starting point is a TMF Open API swagger, that's an excellent route for aligning with the API and eventually reaching conformance.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: CTK in Design Phase

Posted Oct 26, 2022 03:08
    Thanks Jonathan for your view.

Purpose is to capture the rules which normally tested by CTK should be validated against defined  specification before it goes for actual implementation. If CTK is not the best solution then can I consider oas-diff to implement the rules and then do the validation.
    Please let me hear your expert opinion as well.

Tamal Kanti Panja

• 4.  RE: CTK in Design Phase

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 26, 2022 06:57
    The CTK is a piece of software that invokes your APIs. And yes, it checks that mandatory attributes (for example) are populated. So perhaps what you are looking for is a design-time statement of the rules. In v4 APIs nothing like this is published, but in v5 APIs that have started to appear, the published OAS (swagger) files include mandatory indications on the various entities and value objects. Perhaps this is what you are looking for?

Jonathan Goldberg
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 5.  RE: CTK in Design Phase

Posted Oct 26, 2022 08:26
    I hope that might help me. Can you please share the Published OAS file name whose V5 has been published. I would like to see those specification.

Tamal Kanti Panja

• 6.  RE: CTK in Design Phase

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 26, 2022 08:34
    The v5 APIs are available on the early-access page here: https://projects.tmforum.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=128855518
    For example Product Catalog (TMF620) , Product Order (TMF622)
    Good luck

Jonathan Goldberg