Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Customer Management API - Post request

Posted Dec 29, 2022 08:39
    Edited by Ahmed Elbanna Dec 29, 2022 08:47

Hello,
    Attached image is related to Customer Management API in Post request for customer.
    I am really confused regarding the part in brackets saying, "retrieved if existing or created on the fly if not existing", if I am creating related type of "Individual" how am I supposed to create Individual with only name attribute?
    another question is why swagger file isn't implementing the inheritance relations between in entities? 
    for example, why isn't Individual inheriting Party?

------------------------------
    Ahmed Elbanna
    SEGMA COM

• 2.  RE: Customer Management API - Post request

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 29, 2022 14:47
    Hi Ahmed

I tend to agree with you that the example is confusing. And in any case the behavior of the API should be made clear in the user guide text, not as a side note in the example.
    I think that what they are trying to say is that you could do a full customer setup including the related party in one operation call (POST). But I think that this is an incorrect approach. A full customer setup is a complex flow behind the scenes, and I would want to do it via a dedicated task operation. Additionally, as you correctly point out, the RelatedParty class is not a suitable vehicle for this, since it does not have a way for me to specify all the attributes. I plan to open a Jira issue to get the example description corrected so it will be clear that the RelatedParty must be an existing reference.

Regarding your second question, the tooling that we use to generate the APIs in v4 flattens all the references, so that Individual in the swagger is completely expanded.
    In v5, the tooling has been improved, and the swagger preserves the inheritance, so you would see that Individual does allOf Party

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.