Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  eSIM-Card Exchange (affect which APIs: TMF 622, 637, 639, 652?)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 08, 2022 02:48
    Hi John/TMF-Team,
    I hope you could give me a hand in choosing which API is suitable to be chosen. We want to carry out an exchange of an electronic SIM-Card. . As now a day most of the smart phone support only eSim. Anyway, is an eSim-exchange a Product or a Ressource update?
    The eSim in our definition is truly part of a product (mobile tariff). I think this is a patch of a product, that can retrieve a resource and at the same time update the  PIM.

What your thought / advice?
    Thx in advance! Have a good day!
    Erlina

------------------------------
    Erlina Hennies
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 2.  RE: eSIM-Card Exchange (affect which APIs: TMF 622, 637, 639, 652?)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 09, 2022 03:13
    Ok, as we will implement it soon in the next sprint, we have decided to choose the POM, due to the next action of business processes that can conclude an exchange of eSim, such as TarifChange, etc. It can also be a family tarif is booked (in a accordance of eg. tariff change, new acquisition etc) then the so called TNV (Teilnehmerverhältnis / defined participation of the sim cards) that is defined by changing an eSim. (it will go all the way to the back ends of the current eco systems of mobile business). The sim card it self is of course part of inventory i.e. RessourceInventory must be also updated - if the service API is offered. 

Thank you for some Telekoms Colleagues who gave me also some input and help as well as valuable discussions!

Erlina Hennies
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 3.  RE: eSIM-Card Exchange (affect which APIs: TMF 622, 637, 639, 652?)
    Best Answer

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 09, 2022 05:58
    Glad you were able to answer your own question Erlina - definitely product order for the customer-facing aspects. Additional use case could be purchase of an eSIM for travel (instead of buying a roaming package).

But behind the scenes you need to consider which component will orchestrate this eSIM swap process, including the resource inventory update (TMF639). And where does the eSIM "come from" - Resource Pool, Resource Reservation.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.