Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Filter on Subscribed Product of specific Offering Type

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 18, 2022 09:25
    I want to check if a subscriber has subscribed to a specific type of product offering.
    The subscription resource contains the subscribed products , but the "type" is part of in Product Offering Resource. (Product is an instance of Product Offering)
    Need is to create an API which should check if the subscriber has subscribe to the specific PO (PO.Type = XYZ).
    Any suggestion on this? Do I need to enrich the Subscription resource to include PO.Type at Product level? Is this recommended?

Regards,

------------------------------
    Debasish Acharya
    Ericsson Inc.

• 2.  RE: Filter on Subscribed Product of specific Offering Type

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 19, 2022 03:42
    Hi Debasish
    The word type has a number of potential meanings when applied to product offering. Do you mean the formal class name as in @type , or perhaps you mean some classification or line-of-business (the SID has these concepts, but the Open API model doesn't).
    At any rate you can of course add a type concept (but don't use the name type since it clashes with @type) to your inventory as well, since this denormalization may make your query more efficient.
    P.S. There is currently no concept or named entity of Subscription (or Subscriber) in the SID and the Open API.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Filter on Subscribed Product of specific Offering Type

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 19, 2022 13:24
    Thanks Jonathan for your response.
    As you have correctly mentioned, the "type" referred here indicates a special classification of Product Offering. Regarding subscription entity....yes there is no such entity in either in SID or Open API model, though I believe SID/OpenAPI should introduce such an entity. Because, subscription can have its own life cycle etc. Even if you are doing a product upgrade/downgrade, the task should be performed on Subscription level.

Debasish Acharya
    Ericsson Inc.

• 4.  RE: Filter on Subscribed Product of specific Offering Type

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 19, 2022 14:45
    First everyone will have to agree on what it actually means "Subscription", what is its relationship to "Product".

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 5.  RE: Filter on Subscribed Product of specific Offering Type

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 20, 2022 09:08
    Maybe you don't need to create an API.

API TMF 637 Product Inventory Management API exists to query customer's products.

I personnally think classifying products are better suited for product specification (PS).
    at PO level, you're looking at a marketing view, at best. Bundle PO are often challenging to classify.

Also, when you're querying the product inventory for a "type" of product, you can filter by its referenced PO or PS

"GB922 Product" suggests ProductSpecificationType as a way to classify your products:
    Often it becomes essential to group product specifications. SID supports following two ways in which product specifications can be grouped

Based on how the product specs are organized in a product portfolio
    Based on common characteristics

These groupings are supported by ProductSpecificationType entity and its two subclasses Product Line (Based on how the product specs are organized in a product portfolio) and Product Category (Based on common characteristics). Product Line represents the coarsest form of grouping of product specifications.
    also look at Figure Pr.03.

I suppose you could add ProductSpecificationType to the TMF 637 API.
    of you can also extend TMF 637 to have a PO type!

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform