Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  How offer is made available from a composite product specification in 622

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 04, 2022 13:55
    It's recommended that BundledProductOffering does not have a ProductSpecification in the SID model. I am just wondering how an offer looks like if the offer references to a composite ProductSpecification.

For example, if I model a composite ProductSpec for the Rate Plan as follows:
    Rate Plan Spec
    - SIM Spec
    - MSISDN Spec

If I create a "5G Unlimited Plan" from the "Rate Plan Spec" above, what the offer is gonna looks like? To make it more interesting, what the product order looks like if a user selects the "5G Unlimited Plan"?

I can see two options as the diagrams below, which one is recommended? 
    For the option 1 above, how do I configure the characteristics from the child spec, SIM & MSIDN?

For option 2, both ProductOderItems for SIM & MSDIN will reference to the Offer "5G Unlimited Plan", how do I know the characteristics from the child spec SIM or MSIDN?

Maybe there's a 3rd option, please advice. Please do not hang up on the sample product spec itself, it's just used to walk through the scenario.

------------------------------
    Justin Yue
    Salesforce

• 2.  RE: How offer is made available from a composite product specification in 622

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 11, 2022 14:23
    @Jonathan Goldberg @Ludovic Robert can you shed some lights on it?​​

Justin Yue
    Salesforce

• 3.  RE: How offer is made available from a composite product specification in 622

Posted Jul 12, 2022 03:40
    Edited by Viktor Aleksandrov Jul 12, 2022 03:45
    I would prefer Option 1 with the extension that ProductOrderItem contains Product instantiated for PS "Rate Plan Spec" with Product.product[] property populated as instances for PS "SIM" and PS "MSISDN".

Like:
    order:
      items:
    - item1
    product:
    ps: "Rate Plan"
    id: "..."
    product:
    - ps: "SIM"
    - ps: "MSISDN"

Viktor Aleksandrov
    OJSC "VimpelCom"

• 4.  RE: How offer is made available from a composite product specification in 622

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 12, 2022 10:02
    Edited by Matthieu Hattab Jul 12, 2022 16:10
    the 622 API document lacks examples of the various product models options you describe

TMF620 explicitely uses "relationships" and "isbundle" for both PO and PS.
    Maybe we can extrapolate the same logic for TMF622.

Let's assume "productOrderItemRelationship" can be used for both PO and PS, thus, allowing us to model the composite PS.
    ("isBundle" is only applicable for PO, as the documentation suggests).

I copy the JSON example from the TMF622 and put your example, I get this:

maybe that's what you're looking for

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 5.  RE: How offer is made available from a composite product specification in 622

Posted Jul 12, 2022 10:09
    What's the purpose of having multiple POIs when there's a single PO?

Viktor Aleksandrov
    OJSC "VimpelCom"

• 6.  RE: How offer is made available from a composite product specification in 622

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 12, 2022 16:37
    based on this definition:
    "Product represents an instance in the product inventory of a product offering or specification subscribed to by a party role"
    One POI = One Product
    Inventory should have 3 products, one per PS (one of the 3 also references the atomic PO).
    I still think my solution is not great, though.

In your solution,  the Product relationship has 2 levels of "product". Is that possible with the ProductReforValue sub ressource?
      items:
    - item1
    product:
    product:
    EDIT: I see now an arc arrow in the doc page 12:

is that what you're using?

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 7.  RE: How offer is made available from a composite product specification in 622

Posted Jul 13, 2022 10:44
    Yes, this relation is used to model ProductOrderItem->product, and of course during the order handling process instances in PI are created for each product of the tree.

Viktor Aleksandrov
    OJSC "VimpelCom"