Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  isBundled on TMF 637

Posted May 02, 2023 09:40

The spec states that "isBundled is a boolean. If true, the product is a ProductBundle which is an instantiation of a  BundledProductOffering. If false, the product is a ProductComponent which is an  instantiation of a SimpleProductOffering."

Could someone confirm if a bundled product is created (make up of individual product offerings) that the top level bundle offer would set isBundled = true, and the other products within the bundle would be false or all products in the bundle would be all set to true. 

Obviously if these products are ordered on their own as a simple product offering then they would be set to false.

------------------------------
    Newland Andrews
    BT Group plc

• 2.  RE: isBundled on TMF 637

Posted May 04, 2023 06:47
    Visual isbundled  Just to visualise what I was asking - should it be Option A or Option B in the payload for isBundled flag in 637?

Newland Andrews
    BT Group plc

• 3.  RE: isBundled on TMF 637

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 04, 2023 09:27
    Edited by Matthieu Hattab May 05, 2023 07:26

Hello Newland,

I would say that the defintion you stated (from TMF637 it seems) is (partly) incorrect.
    the definition of isBundle is quite simple:
    - if true, then the product/product Offering has 0, 1 or many component(s) (I added 0 because a component can be optional)
    - if false, then the product/product Offering has (always) 0 component.

The definition provided in TMF620 is the correct one:
    isBundle: A boolean. isBundle determines whether a productOffering represents a single productOffering (false), or a bundle of productOfferings (true).

I put in bold "single" to emphasise that "single" is not "simple"

Finally, to clarify furhter this topic, "isBundle" will never inform you whether the product/product offering is component in a bundle. Indeed, the product offering can be sold as a standalone offer (simpleproductoffering) and/or as part of a component of another bundle offer. 

Lastly, bear in mind that a component in a bundle can itself be a bundle (nested bundles).

hope this helps

PS: all of the above is also true for product specifications, and keep in mind that only a simple product offering can reference a bundle/simple product specification.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 4.  RE: isBundled on TMF 637

Posted May 05, 2023 05:15

Very helpful thanks!

Newland Andrews
    BT Group plc