Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  light up oda component

TM Forum Member
    Posted Apr 27, 2023 05:30

I implemented the Account Management API and used ctk to generate reports and passed all the checks.

Now I want to light the relevant oda components, but I can't find the corresponding process.

------------------------------
    Spencer Zhang
    Inspur Communication Information Systems Co., Ltd

• 2.  RE: light up oda component

Posted Apr 27, 2023 08:35

Hi Spencer,

I am experiencing the same here. Actually, I'm assuming that I couldn't find the place that shows link between APIs and process/ODA components from API perspective. I really don't know if needs to exist. But, in my case, somewhere I usually look for this answer is from the other point of view, the component Spec. Normally, I took a look at oda components directory lab.

https://oda-directory.labs.tmforum.org

You could find the reference and it's type (mandatory or optional) on the canvas picture, following the ODA Components hexagon link.

Some of components are not specified yet. You can find theirs status on the ODA Components poster on the resource's page (sorry, I am on the phone and without access to send you the direct link).

Wishing this will help you.

Filipe Arruda
    SysMap Solutions Software e Consultoria Ltda

• 3.  RE: light up oda component

TM Forum Member
    Posted Apr 27, 2023 21:51

Hi Filipe,

Thanks a lot. That is very helpful information.

Spencer Zhang

• 4.  RE: light up oda component

TM Forum Member
    Posted Apr 28, 2023 06:20

Interaction diagrams and sequences for ODA Components are being developed in the 

Currently  there are proposals but no actual content as yet  for:

IG1228 Use Case: Configure billing after delivery (ODA-728) - End to end ODA - TM Forum Confluence

Use Case UC005: Typical billing process from call to invoice/payment v1 DRAFT (ODA-729) - End to end ODA - TM Forum Confluence

It may be if you could scope out your requirement  that this team might identify other members interested in working on account managment scenarios
    As an example a related topic   shows the kind of work this team does:
    Use Case UC009: Usage and Balance Management v2.0.0 - (Sprint 2) - End to end ODA - TM Forum Confluence
    Team lead is @Sylvie Demarest 

Dave Milham
    TM Forum, Chief Architect

• 5.  RE: light up oda component

TM Forum Member
    Posted Apr 28, 2023 11:11

I confirm we didn't have enough time and contributors yet to develop these use cases related to Billing Account management - and the related ODA component TMFC024

Sylvie Demarest
    Orange

• 6.  RE: light up oda component

TM Forum Member
    Posted Apr 30, 2023 13:17

Hi Spencer,

Here is a mapping of the exposed Open APIs required by the ODA Components which have been specified in IG1242 v6 (a green dot means a mandatory API, and an orange dot means an optional API):
    TMF666 (Account Management API) is a mandatory exposed API for the Billing Account Management component.  I see that you are from Inspur, and that Inspur has certified conformance of TMF666 already.  Hence the Billing Account Management component is colored gold on Inspur's IBSS product page in the ODA Component Directory here.

I hope this helps.

Andy Tiller
    TM Forum

• 7.  RE: light up oda component

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 02, 2023 12:14
      |   view attached

Here's a spreadsheet with the above mapping

Andy Tiller
    TM Forum

• 8.  RE: light up oda component

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 04, 2023 09:41

Hi Andy,

that's an useful spreadsheet, thanks for sharing.
    a couple of feedback:
    1. if not already done, I think it would beneficial to have these tables, especially the on e in worksheet "Exposed APIs" as a confluence table in IG1242 wiki.
    2. I once saw another table somewhere in a meeting minutes in confluence, where planned/in progress APIs weere also listed for each component, for instance, there is a in progress API for the offer configurator API for TMFC0027.
    3. what is the meaning of column "Cert-ifiable"

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 9.  RE: light up oda component

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 04, 2023 13:19

Hi Matthieu

Eventually these mappings will be published in machine-readable form when the Components and APIs are loaded into MODA (the Master ODA repository).  In the meantime, @Gaetano Biancardi runs the Components Specification project which produces the component inventory IG1242, which shows the status of planned components as well as published ones.

"Certifiable" means that the API in question has a CTK and conformance certification is available (this is the case for all APIs in the Open API Table).  Some components reference APIs which have not yet been fully developed and therefore certification is not yet available (eg the Location Management component (TMFC014) requires the Geographic Location Management API (TMF675) which is still in development.

Andy Tiller
    TM Forum