Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Milestone management in TMF641

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 13, 2022 03:55

Hi Community,

Regarding the new milestone information and event available in the TMF641 Service Order Management API, we wonder how this should work in practice. We are considering two different approaches:

• Since milestones have a status attribute, when the service order is created the whole list of milestones is retrieved (both, at order and order item levels) with a status like 'not reached'. Then, each time a milestone is reached the status changes and the event is launched.
    • The milestones are created and notified on the spot. In this case, we don't see the value of the attribute status.

I think that both approaches are supported by the standard as it is but, is there a preference for any of them, or any other that I have not mentioned, in the standard? Is there any document describing this behaviour somewhere?

Best regards,

------------------------------
    Abel Ruiz Huerta
    alvatross by SATEC

• 2.  RE: Milestone management in TMF641

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 15, 2022 17:47
    We use TMF641 serviceOrder.milestone at Telstra and accumulate milestones on the service order, generating serviceOrderMilestoneEvent on each new accumulation. As such we don't use status attribute. Practice is the array is in reverse time order (most recent first), so perhaps on an order summary you'll just see the most recent one.

Matt Beanland
    Telstra Corporation

• 3.  RE: Milestone management in TMF641

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 16, 2022 03:23

Thanks Matt,

That fits with the second approach I've mentioned, sort of.

Regards,

Abel Ruiz Huerta
    alvatross by SATEC