Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  ProductOfferingPriceCharge versus POPCharge

Posted Feb 13, 2023 22:54
    Edited by Dan d'Albuquerque Feb 14, 2023 04:25

Hi All

TMF620 Product Catalog v4.1.0 contains example resource representations containing the new ProductOfferingPriceRefOrValue but with @referredType of ProductOfferingPriceCharge resource, whereas the related OAS for TMF620 contains a schema definition for POPCharge.

"productOfferingPrice": [
     {
     "id": "1747",
     "href": "https://mycsp.com:8080/tmf-api/productCatalogManagement/v4/productOfferingPrice/1747",
     "name": "Recurring Monthly Price for Business Firewall",
     "@referredType": "ProductOfferingPriceCharge",
     "@type": "ProductOfferingPriceRefOrValue",
     "@baseType": "",
     "@schemaLocation": "https://mycsp.com:8080/tmfapi/schemas/Product/ProductOfferingPriceRefOrValue.schema.json"
     }

Is this just a typo in the example resource representations?

Just also noticed that the recurringChargePeriodType has been renamed as recurringChargePeriod as well in the description.

There is also an multi-valued association to POPAlteration called PriceAlteration in the new ProductOfferingPriceRefOrValue description which is not referred to in the ProductOfferingPrice section in the document.   Isn't this meant to be the popRelationship (ProductOfferingPriceRelationship)?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Dan d'Albuquerque
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 2.  RE: ProductOfferingPriceCharge versus POPCharge

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 15, 2023 08:04

Hi,

Very good questions and I have the same.

I would appreciate if someone can clarify it.

@Bostjan Keber Explained here (last post when you scroll down).

TMF620 and productOfferingPriceRelationship | Open APIs (tmforum.org)

how they implemented it.

I wonder how to use/read POPCharge object from the definitions section of the 620 swagger.

When to instantiate POPCharge object and when ProductOfferingPrice?

And how to refer to POPCharge and how to ProductOfferingPrice in ProductOfferingPriceRefOrValue of ProductOffering POST?

620 swagger defines it as:

{
      "ProductOfferingPriceRefOrValue": {
        "type": "object",
        "description": "A new product offering price being created by value or a reference to an existing product offering price that alreasy created. The polymorphic attributes @type, @schemaLocation & @referredType are related to the product offering price and not to this ReforValue structure",
        "properties": {
          "price": {
            "$ref": "#/definitions/ProductPriceValue"
          }
        }
      }
    }

It would be very helpful if someone can provide few JSON examples.

Br,

Alen

Alen Ruvic
    SES Astra S.A.

• 3.  RE: ProductOfferingPriceCharge versus POPCharge

Posted Mar 16, 2023 02:19

Oh dear, I have opened up a can of worms here ;-)

The ProductOfferingPriceRefOrValue is used to support both ProductOfferingPrice managed entities (by using Ref) and also embedded ProductOfferingPrice resources (by Value).  The embedded pricing resources look different from the separately managed, reusable, ProductOfferingPrice entities as, apparently, various operators wanted to keep using the pricing resource representations from earlier versions of the API.

Where it gets a bit confusing is that the embedded subclasses POPCharge (SID ProductOfferingPriceCharge) and POPAlteration (SID ProductOfferingPriceAlteration) are more closely aligned to the example pricing documented in SID.  However, the OpenAPI has attempted to simplify the pricing resources by collapsing some of the POPCharge and POPAlterations fields into ProductOfferingPrice and adding a priceType to indicate usage charge, alteration, discount, recurring, etc.

There is no reason why the separately managed entity could not use the same or similar sub-classing though in order to add extension fields.

In terms of how to differentiate between ProductOfferingPrice or POPCharge, you just need to specified the @referredType metadata.  ProductOfferingPrice (ref) will have an id, href, name fields and will need to be managed separately (a different POST command).  The embedded with use @referredType: POPCharge and have the representation in the ProductOffering section of the document.  Clearly the GET on the embedded resources may be returned by reference (or value) too depending on the expand and depth query parameters.

Dan d'Albuquerque
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 4.  RE: ProductOfferingPriceCharge versus POPCharge

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 16, 2023 03:26

Hi Dan

Please see this thread for a discussion of this anomaly in the model. 

https://engage.tmforum.org/discussion/tmf620-why-productofferingpricereforvalue-is-different-than-productofferingprice

Hope it clarifies things.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 5.  RE: ProductOfferingPriceCharge versus POPCharge

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 16, 2023 07:23

Hi,

thanks for the explanation.

I have a further/related question.

In 620 swagger in the global definition section there is one Model/Schema defined for POPCharge but it's never referenced via $ref

If you search in the whole 620 swagger for "#/definitions/POPCharge" there is 0 references to it.

I'm trying to understand why there is POPCharge defined separately from  ProductOfferingPrice and never referenced.

For example, in the same swagger "POPAlteration" is defined as well but it's at least referenced via 

"priceAlteration": {
                        "type": "array",
                        "items": {
                            "$ref": "#/definitions/POPAlteration"
                        }
                    },
    in ProductOfferingPriceRefOrValue
    Br,

Alen Ruvic
    SES Astra S.A.

• 6.  RE: ProductOfferingPriceCharge versus POPCharge

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 16, 2023 11:37

Hi,

One more observation is that in 620 swagger (in global definitions sections) models for "ProductOfferingPriceRefOrValue" and for "POPCharge" are exact the same apart of the description. ProductOfferingPriceRefOrValue contains also one additional field "@referredType" (obviously needed for the ref pattern).

Somehow, I think that POPCharge is redundant and not used in swagger.

Br,

Alen Ruvic

Alen Ruvic
    SES Astra S.A.