Open APIs

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Resource inventory (version 4.0.0 28-May-2020) - missing ResourceRelationshipCharacteristic

• 1.  Resource inventory (version 4.0.0 28-May-2020) - missing ResourceRelationshipCharacteristic

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 11, 2022 05:43
    In the model I don't see ResourceRelationshipCharacteristic - characteristics related to the relationship between two resources.
    How should be provided and modeled. Is it so, that entity ResourceRelationship should be derived and use polymorhism to either include some specific attributes into the relationship or in the derived ResourceRelationship I can add aggregation of ResourceRelationshipCharacteristic?
    What is the best approach, or why it is not modeled in the API?

Thank you.

------------------------------
    Peter Kalinak
    CGI Info Systems Management Consulting Inc.

• 2.  RE: Resource inventory (version 4.0.0 28-May-2020) - missing ResourceRelationshipCharacteristic

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 13, 2022 02:17
    We recently added characteristics to Product Spec Relationship in the Product Catalog API TMF620, based on a specific use case.
    If you can identify a specific use case for characteristics on Resource Relationships, feel free to add here (please show real/realistic business example with actual names of specs and characteristics), we can consider as a future enhancement for the Resource space.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.