Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Retrieve Activiation Fee based on Account/Customer

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 31, 2022 15:03
    Hi, 

There is a new API return activitation fee amount (e.g. waived, or $1 - $20) based on the customer account and price plan, the returned amount then send to TMF 622 for submit order.  It looks to me that it is non-TMF compliant API that is used by either TMF 620 for product offering, or Billing system to validate the charge, but there is also an opinion that it can implement with  Product Offering Qualitification for qualitfying on waiving the acitivation fee.

Interested to know any opinon from this forum.

------------------------------
    Keven Chan
    Rogers Communications Inc.

• 2.  RE: Retrieve Activiation Fee based on Account/Customer

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 01, 2022 10:56
    Hi Kevin
    Not clear to me exactly what you mean when you say "non-TMF compliant API" and "new API". Is it something being done in Rogers, or something that you have seen elsewhere?
    Clarification would be helpful so that community members can assist you with your question.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Retrieve Activiation Fee based on Account/Customer

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 01, 2022 11:19
    Hi Jonathan,

Let me provide more context, BSS is planning expose an new API that returns the activiation fee for price plan change based on account info and new price plan info.  I would like to know if this api aligns with any TMF open APIs, if yes which API should I use?

Keven Chan

• 4.  RE: Retrieve Activiation Fee based on Account/Customer

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 01, 2022 11:41
    Thanks for clarifying
    Why is this different from any other calculation/estimation of prices/fees as a part of order capture?
    And without more details of the putative API operation, it will be difficult to assess alignment with current TMF Open APIs.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 5.  RE: Retrieve Activiation Fee based on Account/Customer

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 02, 2022 03:53
    Edited by Matthieu Hattab Jun 02, 2022 03:57
    Hi,
    An activation fee is a type of productofferingprice (POP) also called "FeeProdOfferingPrice" in SID.
    TMF620 API will provide the POP.
    In your case, I undestand the fee is only applicable if customer changes from price plan A to price plan B.
    So you need to model that "rule" (SID and TMF620 have different options to model such rules)

Typically, your CPQ/pricing engine will consume the resources provided by TMF620 and TMF637 (and possibly a TMF customer API), apply the pricing rule(s) when applicable, calculate prices and return a cartprice (TMF663) or an orderprice (TMF622) to the UI.

you could also look into TMF622 where use case 2 represents your scenario.

Matthieu Hattab
    Altibox AS

• 6.  RE: Retrieve Activiation Fee based on Account/Customer

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 02, 2022 09:50
    Hi Matthieu,

Thanks for the explaination and pointers, now I know what I need to do with this api.

Thanks again!

Keven Chan