Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF622- Cancel Product Order State Change Event vs Product Order State Change Event

Posted Sep 29, 2022 08:13
    Dear Team,

I need to send notifications after a Cancel product Order is triggered.
    But checking TMF 622, I could find 2 placeholders i.e. Cancel Product Order State Change Event and Product Order State Change Event.
    Product Order State Change Event : This supports a state change to "Cancelled". Hence when the order is cancelled, can't this event be sent?
    Cancel Product Order State Change Event : This seems specific to Cancel Product Order. In our case, will this suit better? But then what is the use of Cancelled status in "Product Order State Change Event"?
    Also in case the order moves to Error state then "Cancel Product Order State Change Event" doesn't have suitable state. Product Order State Change Event has status "held" which will fit for the purpose. Again ques is that in case order moves to error after cancelProductOrder call, whether we should use Product Order State Change Event  or Cancel Product Order State Change Event ?

Thanks!

Paras Agrawal

------------------------------
    Paras Agrawal
    Infosys

• 2.  RE: TMF622- Cancel Product Order State Change Event vs Product Order State Change Event

Posted Oct 01, 2022 10:18
    Hello ,
    I might have this wrong but I believe that "Cancel Product Order State Change Event" relates to state changes of the task "Cancel Product Order".
    Then as you say "Product Order State Change Event" relates to the state of the order itself and should reflect the cancelled state of the order.

The idea I think is that you raise a task asking for the order to be cancelled which is acknowledged and is then inProgress while the evaluation of the cancellation is done.
    Then when the evaluation is complete the task moves to done or if the evaluation could not be done the task is terminatedWithError.

Once done the results of the cancellation is then available. I am not sure that means the order is cancelled. It just means folks have decided what to do about your request. That can be that the order will now be cancelled, or partially undone with some charges, or even that nothing can be done because one is past the PoNR for cancellation.

If the task cannot be completed then 

Derrick Evans

• 3.  RE: TMF622- Cancel Product Order State Change Event vs Product Order State Change Event

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 02, 2022 03:32
    Derrick is correct (although it appears that he clicked Post before completing the answer).
    Suggest you refer to the TMF630 design guidelines document to look at more details about the Task API entity pattern. But briefly, CancelOrder is a task that is POSTed when consumer software needs to cancel an order. Task entities may or may not be persisted, depending on the specific business logic of each task and sometimes on the implementation.
    For order cancelation:
    • If the task can determine immediately that the order can be canceled, we can expect POST to return 200 success, with no persistence
    • If the task cannot determine immediately (i.e. asynchronous), we can expect POST to return 201 success, where the task is persisted, and then you could use events to track the progress of the task
    Reasons for asynchronous behavior of the task could include financial considerations (there might be an administrative charge for canceling an in-progress order), fulfilment considerations (the network needs time to determine if the order has passed point of no return), etc.

Hope it helps

P.S. we foresee an enhancement so that it will be possible to cancel individual order items within the order.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 4.  RE: TMF622- Cancel Product Order State Change Event vs Product Order State Change Event

Posted Oct 03, 2022 05:53
    Thanks @Derrick Evans and @Jonathan Goldberg for your clarifications!​​

Paras Agrawal
    Infosys