Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF637 product Inventory & realizing resource

Posted May 25, 2022 04:50
    I am working on product inventory TMF637 and we have a requirement to show the related msisdn and SIM card details with the current operational status (blocked/active) of the specific resources on which the product is running.
    Now I have planned to use the realizingResource under TMF637 and extend the data model as below to avoid calling TMF639 for resource status &MSISDN, SIM Card detail value

My question is the approach valid or do we need to use TMF639  to get the operational status of the resources ?

------------------------------
    Tamal Kanti Panja
    Tata Consultancy Services

• 2.  RE: TMF637 product Inventory & realizing resource

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 25, 2022 11:45
    Hi Tamal
    If your aim is to return the Resource entity, there is no need to extend ResourceRef (realizingRsource) - you can use the expand and depth directives on the GET Product to control how to expand the ResourceRef (see the design guidelines TMF630).
    The real challenge is not the Open API payload model, but rather how you populate it in the implementation of your TMF637 Product Inventory API. Somehow you will have to get an accurate state of the resource, either by retrieving just in time from resource inventory, or storing replica in your product inventory and updating the replica according to ResourceCreate/Update events.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF637 product Inventory & realizing resource

Posted May 30, 2022 02:01
    Thanks Jonathan for the insight !

It is indeed a good way to use to expand & depth directive over resourceRef instead it to define seperate schema for MSISDN. Here I would like to clarify the implementation possibility in more detail. Now I have model MSISDN under resource model but there is no clear guidance in TMF630 where expand and depth can be used together with filtering and partial resource representation. So can we use the below get method over product inventory to get the status of the MSISDN.

GET /productManagement/v4/product?filter = relatedParty[?(@.id == 23)] & depth= 1&expand = product.realizingResource
    Accept: application/json

Tamal Kanti Panja
    Tata Consultancy Services

• 4.  RE: TMF637 product Inventory & realizing resource

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 30, 2022 02:51
    This looks right to me - in your example you'll be bringing all the products from the inventory that are associated in some way with the related party whose ID is 23.
    If you're using JSON Path, your implementation will need to support that, it's not automatic.
    P.S. Bear in mind that there can be no blanks in the query string.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.