Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF671 Promotion Process Questions

Posted Jul 11, 2022 12:42
    Hey, all. Thanks in advance.

We're in the process of redefining our buy-flow and product presentation in terms of the TMForum APIs. I'm currently researching TMF671 Promotion Management API.

I looked through the guidebooks, but didn't see anything appropriate for what I was wanting. So these may be questions that should be asked in a more general fashion, but...

1) Promos are usually defined based on sales channel, market segment, etc. However, those aren't specified in the promotion contract. They can obviously be a part of the 'criteria', but does that mean that the entire set of promos is returned to the buy flow? Or is it appropriate to add filter criteria that doesn't exist in the SID for the objecting being retrieved? If a promo is offered on more than one sales channel, but not all sales channels, that feels like multiple promos based on the existing structure, even taking criteria into account.

2) Maybe I'm missing something with the criteria groups, but is there a way to indicate that only X number of a certain TYPE of promotion is allowed? In our legacy system, we have a notion of promotion combinations and classes that allow particular types of promotions to be added/stacked. Regardless, though, being able to explicitly limit the number of applied promotions still feels necessary.

3) Has anyone who has implemented TMF671 got any pointers? :)

Appreciate all the support on this forum. Thanks again.

------------------------------
    Jason Funk
    MetroNet

• 2.  RE: TMF671 Promotion Process Questions

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 14, 2022 06:36
    Promotion is a bit of a blackbox. There are some contradictions in the API PDF and what you can find in the SID. 

My suggestion is read the content that preceded the creation of the API, by reading:
    • input materials used in API meeting + their minutes/notes/recording that the API team create for each meeting
    • the wiki pages (the inline or below-text comments are also useful)
    you need to join the API project (no string attached!) to access its content. Then just do a search on the website (examples in:  JIRA, confluence)

Please share your findings with the community!

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 3.  RE: TMF671 Promotion Process Questions

Posted Jul 19, 2022 16:03
    Thank you, Matthieu. I'll look those over. I've noticed some of the contradictions. Hoping not to have to 'shortcut' with something else while figuring it out.

Jason Funk
    MetroNet