Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  About TMF 628 Perfomance process?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 28, 2021 00:09
    Hi guys, I trying to learn more about this API process:
    1. How can I find more about hte API process status ?
    2. Who is leading this API process?
    3. Where can I find the materials like swagger file ,post man collection, etc

------------------------------
    Smark Meng
    OSSEra

• 2.  RE: About TMF 628 Perfomance process?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 28, 2021 01:09
    Hi Smark

I advise you and anyone else who wants to make a start in the TMF Open API process to consider first what your business aims are and what benefits you expect to gain from the program.

Best place to start is at the Open API portal here. The Open API table here refers to the latest published assets including swagger, postman, and more.
    For general pointers to additional materials, try this TMF page.
    Additionally, TMF has training courses on Open API such as this one .

Hope it helps

Disclaimer, I don't work for TMF and I can make no statements regarding the contents, costs, and quality of TMF training materials.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: About TMF 628 Perfomance process?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 01, 2021 18:36
    Thanks for your share Jonathan​​​

Smark Meng
    OSSEra

• 4.  RE: About TMF 628 Perfomance process?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 15, 2024 10:29
    Edited by Jean-Francois Allot Mar 15, 2024 10:58

(please read my next message, I though that first try was discarded since I was unable to see it after posting)

• 5.  RE: About TMF 628 Perfomance process?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 15, 2024 10:41
    Edited by Jean-Francois Allot Mar 15, 2024 10:58

Hi Jonathan,

Looking at TMF 628 in more detail, I noticed the following:

• At https://www.tmforum.org/oda/open-apis/table we can see that TMF 628 is ranked as "Pre-production" and that no  Conformance Test Kit is published, although its Maturity Level is documented as "Level 4 - Forum Approved".
    • The API is rather oriented on monitoring file export jobs than the performance data themselves. No data model is defined for the data output and filtering mechanisms are quite basic (based on enums instead of queries). The design is more aligned with traditional RAN EMS performance data export in 3GPP format than the rest of the OSS PM components.
    • I see some discrepancies between the PDF and the OpenAPI Swagger, by example  while the PDF highlights the entities measurementCollectionJob and measurementProductionJob, the API actually only refers to measurementCollectionJob with a type.

Do you have some information about its actual adoption by CSPs in Production and the next steps for TMF 628?

Thanks,

JF

Jean-Francois Allot
    Infovista

• 6.  RE: About TMF 628 Perfomance process?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 15, 2024 11:19

Hi

You are right that the published TMF628 is somewhat aged.

There's a new version in development, and I think it was even used successfully in a catalyst last DTW. But I don't have visibility about when it will be published.

I'll direct your question to the lead for the API, maybe they can help you.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.