Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Adding Products in CRM as part of customer profile

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 16, 2023 06:56

Hello , As part of Open API , which API we use to update customer assets (on Customer master(Part or separate from CRM)  once the order is submitted.

------------------------------
    Ashish Sharma
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• 2.  RE: Adding Products in CRM as part of customer profile

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 20, 2023 07:17

Hi Ashish

First, I recommend that you take a look at the Open Digital Architecture (ODA) end-to-end use cases, in the published document IG1228. This shows how the APIs are used in typical processes, including commerce flows. https://www.tmforum.org/resources/standard/ig1228-how-to-use-oda-using-open-apis-to-realize-use-cases-v13-0-0/

Specifically for your situation, customer assets are presumably what TMF refers to as Product , and they would be updated in the Product Inventory using API TMF637. It's probably wise to restrict access to the API's create/update/delete operations to software such as product order management - you would probably not want arbitrary updates being made in the product inventory.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Adding Products in CRM as part of customer profile

Posted 9 days ago
    Edited by Marlon Almazan 8 days ago

In Open API, the specific API you would use to update customer assets after an order is submitted would depend on the architecture and design of your system. However, typically in a Customer Relationship Management (CRM enrichment) system or customer master database, you would utilize APIs related to customer or asset management. If your customer assets are managed separately from customer information, you would use an API specifically designed to update asset details. This could include information such as serial numbers, configurations, or associated warranties. Some systems may have an order management API that allows you to not only place orders but also update related information such as customer assets. This could be particularly useful if the order submission triggers updates to customer assets automatically.

Info Hills
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 4.  RE: Adding Products in CRM as part of customer profile

TM Forum Member
    Posted 8 days ago

This looks to me like a GenAI-generated answer, not particularly useful or relevant to the particular question being asked. I think we should ask community posters to refrain from using GenAI just to gain a presence in the community.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.