Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Additional definitions in swagger (

Posted Sep 15, 2022 03:28
    Dear colleagues,
    I'm sure, that this topic was discussed right after the first examples have appeared in Swagger definitions, but I can't find it neither in the Discussions list, nor in the Library.

I see a lot of the pattern "<entity>_Create, <entity>_Update" usage in 4.0.0 API swagger specifications​, then it is needed to change a base entity.
    For example, in TMF622 (ProductOrder) the definitions ProductOrder_Create and ProductOrder_Update are used together with ProductOrder.

The idea itself is very sensible, the questions arise about the chosen template.
    1. The delimited: why not to use <entity>Create or <entity>-create patterns?
    2. Operation name: why Create/Update and not Add/Modify? 
    3. Are there any other actions? E.g., <entity>_Validate.

I didn't find the naming rules in TMF630 Guideline. Is there any official guide for this naming, or it's just are "unwritten customs and traditions"? 

Best Regards,

------------------------------
    Petr Kolotushkin
    Netcracker Technology

• 2.  RE: Additional definitions in swagger (

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 02, 2022 09:03
    Hi Petr

These _Create and _Update variations are generated automatically in the API swagger files based on indications that we have in a configuration file for each API. This is the case for API versions up to and including v4
    In v5, it's done slightly differently, with more explicit names for generated value objects. But the principle is the same. You can already see some beta-level v5 APIs at the early access page here.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Additional definitions in swagger (

Posted Oct 03, 2022 03:02
    Hi Jonathan,

Yes, I see some examples with Quote_FVO/Quote_MVO, thank you very much for the link. 
    And I see, you finally decided to move to the OpenAPI 3.x format. Perfect!

Your message helped a lot, thanks again.

Petr Kolotushkin
    Netcracker Technology