Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Affected Service Search

TM Forum Member
    Posted Sep 15, 2022 12:13
    Edited by marty oliver Sep 16, 2022 06:54
    TMF MSI used to support a service to allow a query on the inventory system to establish impacted service on a given resource e.g. Services on a Device, a card, port..  post network alarm.
    TMF 638 appears to only support impact to a single service
    TMF 639 has a /Get resource, but I'm not sure the related Resource could be a service.  Therefore all the service could be an associated resource in the response.
    would this be the correct use of TMF 639?

------------------------------
    marty oliver
    BT Group plc

• 2.  RE: Affected Service Search

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 02, 2022 08:21
    Hi Marty
    Not sure I understand the issue you are raising here. The inventory APIs (in common with most of the other TMF Open APIs) have two variations of the GET end-point:
    • Get by ID (i.e. Retrieve), which returns a single entity by primary key (unless the entity cannot be found)
    • Get without ID (i.e. Search), which returns entities matching the filter criteria on the query string
    Given that Service has an attribute realizingResource, you could find all the services that use a resource with a filter criterion such as realizingResource.id=<resourceID> when you do GET on TMF638.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.