TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  API For controlling the data

Posted Feb 22, 2024 19:04
    Edited by Divakar Soundararajan Feb 22, 2024 19:23

Hi All,

I have an use case in which, parent service can control / restrict the data usage of the child services associated with it. For example, parent service can restrict 2 GB of data per month for the specific child service associated.

Could you please help me to get the insights on the TMF API that needs to be used for this use case.

#CustomerExperience

------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Divakar Soundararajan

• 2.  RE: API For controlling the data

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 23, 2024 08:10

Hi Divakar

When you say Parent and Child, do you mean in the software sense (hierarchy of services), or rather in the human sense (a parent who owns a product can limit the usage by her children who use the product).

If the former, please explain in more detail what you mean by this hierarchy.

If the latter, presumably you could model the product (let's say its a mobile voice/data/message product) to include a usage limit as a characteristic (TMF620 product catalog), and ensure that the online charging or policy control system is notified of the product order (TMF622) including this characteristic.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: API For controlling the data

Posted Feb 23, 2024 08:26
    Edited by Divakar Soundararajan Feb 23, 2024 08:28

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the response. 

I meant in the software terms, where the customer account(parent) with list of service account (child). For example, customer account holder can restrict the data usage of the child service accounts.

Thanks and Regards

Divakar Soundararajan