Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  API for getting Service Inclusions(IDD, Roaming, Data)

Posted Mar 11, 2024 00:37
    Edited by Divakar Soundararajan Mar 11, 2024 00:52

Hi All,

I have an use case in which, we need to retrieve the Service Inclusions like IDD, Data & Roaming details associated with customer ID / phone number.  We should be able to fetch the current available limits, max limits and expiry date associated with each inclusions. 

Could you please help me to get the insights on the TMF API that needs to be used for this use case.

------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards,
    Divakar Soundararajan

• 2.  RE: API for getting Service Inclusions(IDD, Roaming, Data)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 11, 2024 02:17

Hi Divakar

It depends how these are modeled and at what level.

If they have commercial implications, I would expect them to have been defined in the product catalog as offerings with prices (TMF620), and then instantiated in the product inventory (TMF637). They would then be translated at provisioning time into the impact services; defined in service catalog (TMF633) and instantiated in service inventory (TMF638), If the implications are purely technical and created at provisioning time, they would be modeled only in the service layer.

If and when in the future TMF comes up with a Domain-Context-Specific model for 5G mobile, we could expect these service aspects to be modeled as concrete properties of the 5G mobile product and service model.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: API for getting Service Inclusions(IDD, Roaming, Data)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 12, 2024 05:24

Jonathan is correct about there being multiple APIs and depends on whether you are in he Product Service and Resource hierarchy We do have a worked example as part of our use case library 

TMFS008 Use Case: Service and Resource Order Management for Postpaid Mobile Subscribers v3.1.0 – TM Forum

I think this is a member only document.

I include a sketch of what is covered in in this 33page document

Fig4.1.2.1Shows the product Catalog modelling

Fig4.1.2.1  Shows the service and resources catalog modelling

Which guide the API extensions

described in Figure 4.2.1.1: Order structure for base scenario

Sequence diagram in section 4 and 5  show how he following API interact to support mobile service order and including 

TMF688 Event Management

TMF622 Product Order Management

TMF620Product Catalog Management

TMF652 Resource order Management

TMF637 Product Inventory Management 

TMF634 Resource order Management

TMF685 Resource pool Management

TMF639  Resource Inventory Management

TMF700 Shipping order management

The information you mention is references from the  Mobile line Service  profile but is held in  Logical resource: PCRF/PCF Voice and data profiles.

Dave Milham
    TM Forum, Chief Architect