Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  API for Retrieval/Exposure of Performance Data

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 12, 2024 00:47

Hi all,

We're looking to expose performance data using a TMF API.  We have systems collecting SNMP data such as packet counts in/out per unit time, error counts etc etc, and we'd like to expose them to allow our Consumer to retrieve a set of data that they can then visualise or otherwise analyse.  We're proposing to allow our Consumer to specify a Time Window with a starting time, record interval/duration and number of records, and then let them specify which data metric they want for some device/element/service etc.
    I've looked but cannot find an API that enables a Consumer to request such data?  Is there an API available? or if not - is there one being designed?

Regards, Bill.

------------------------------
    Bill Teluk
    Telstra Corporation

• 2.  RE: API for Retrieval/Exposure of Performance Data

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 12, 2024 04:05

The Performance APIs (TMF628 and TMF649) might perhaps be relevant for you, Bill. Beta versions in v5 here: https://www.tmforum.org/oda/open-apis/table/pre-production

I was unable to find previous (very old) versions of these APIs.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: API for Retrieval/Exposure of Performance Data

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 12, 2024 20:23

Thanks @Jonathon - these are interesting, but we're really looking for something that defines how a Consumer would enquire and extract data from our system...  628 and 649 look more like they're for controlling a Performance Data system - which at this stage... is much further down the track for us (the performance systems we want to talk to already exist and have their own control/command interfaces.)  We're really just looking to get a quick win by exposing data in a TMF-aligned format  - I was hoping for something that might expand upon the object design hinted at in GB922 and GB1028.... eg. maybe some attributes etc for those objects...

Bill Teluk
    Telstra Corporation

• 4.  RE: API for Retrieval/Exposure of Performance Data

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 13, 2024 15:52

As I have had occasion to say many times in this community - TM Forum is a member-driven organization.

You and your colleagues are more than welcome to join the Open API project and make your case and proposal for a new API. I believe that Telstra colleagues are already active in other API proposals.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.