Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  API governance

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 17, 2022 12:32
    Hi All,

Working in an organization that is grouped into multiple business units, I am looking for inputs on architectural governance for open APIs. Let us say, org 1 (let us say a wholesale unit) is has an API certified, and org 2 (say one service small and medium customers) get the same API certified, can someone throw light on the governance model, please? I am looking for guidance on API governance models in this scenraio. 

The high level thinking is to establish 2 API specifications at the outset, with suitable extensions, as applicable to the individual organizations and hand hold, while gravitating towards a common APi which will then be internally routed. 

I am looking for help around this, and suggestions around what else would help set up an open api governance framework for a large telco...

Many Thanks
    Prasad

------------------------------
    Prasad Kalyanasundaram
    Verizon Communications

• 2.  RE: API governance

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 27, 2022 15:05
    Hi Prasad

One suggestion would be to set up a central Open API guild within your organization. This would encourage cooperation between the different silos.
    Vodafone Group has done this, and perhaps @Steve Harrop from Vodafone would be able to share some materials on how this works.

If you are referring to TMF Open API certification, note that TMF allows multiple units within a single organization to certify the same API, when it is done on different products or implementations.

Hope it helps​

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.