Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Associating Profiles with Customer

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 21, 2023 13:07

Dear Community,

A Customer entity has associated billing profiles, payment profiles, shipping profiles and selling profile information maintained in the CRM system. I am looking for fitment of these profiles in TMF entity (TMF669 with role customer / TMF629) but did not find any suitable placeholders.

Any guidance on associating above mentioned  profiles with customer entity would be helpful.

Regards
    Anitha Govindasamy

------------------------------
    Anitha G
    Vodafone UK Ltd

• 2.  RE: Associating Profiles with Customer

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 22, 2023 04:55

Hi Anitha

Please be aware that the semantic meaning of the word "profile" is probably very specific to the particular CRM system that you are using. One of the purposes of the TMF models is to reach agreed and standardized semantics for terms, whether data entities or business process, across our industry.

Profile is not used at all in the Open API model, and as far as I know (subject to correction from the community) it doesn't appear in the Information Framework (SID).
    The Open API model, as reflected in the various APIs, has equivalent terms for some of what you are seeking:

* Billing profile would presumably be BillingAccount, a subclass of Account/PartyAccount, managed in TMF666
    * Payment profile would presumably be PaymentMethod, managed in TMF670
    * Shipping profile would presumably be extracted from ContactMedium, part of Party (TMF632), PartyRole (TMF669), Customer (TMF629)
    * Selling profile would perhaps be derived from data gathering and exposed by Reccomendation (TMF680), but I may well be off target here.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Associating Profiles with Customer

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 23, 2023 04:42

TMF717 Customer360 is a frontend API that aggregates multiple customer-related entities, including "profiles". It was recommended to be a GraphQL API.
    search for this API in the TMF Wiki for more details.
    but there hasn't been any update since summer 2022 and is still in beta.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform