Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Attachment in characteristic level

TM Forum Member
    Posted 19 days ago

Dear Team,

In TMF620 Product specification I need to add the attachment in characteristic level. Is it possible to add the attachment inside characteristic value level?
    Or I need to utilise attachmentRef the specification.

For example: I have mobile phone in four colour option each colour option may contain 5-10 image. Whether I can group it characteristic level ?

------------------------------
    Ragavi Ramasamy
    Halleyx Inc.

• 2.  RE: Attachment in characteristic level

TM Forum Member
    Posted 19 days ago

you would need to extend the API to include what you want.

Out of the box, attachment are defined per product (offering or spec). Si if you have a device in 10 colours, you need to create 10 product offerings and each offer has the relevant pictures.

we had the chance to discuss the topic of media (or multilangual content) in this community in the past. My recommendation was and still is:

• Use the product  catalogue for product for data (configuration rules, prices, product definition via spec or bundle)
    • Use a CMS (Content Management System) for any (personalised) user experience. Personalisation cover language, channel, device, any product domain-related entities.
    • A (telco) PIM (Product information Management) are very good option too.

a CMS will give your far greater capabilities for any product content for a better user experience.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 3.  RE: Attachment in characteristic level

TM Forum Member
    Posted 19 days ago

Thank you 

Ragavi Ramasamy
    Halleyx Inc.