Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Basic Conformance Question

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 15, 2022 16:32
    Hi,

How does the conformance work with respect to the openAPI schema?

If I use the polymorphic extension pattern to introduce a new entity on a 622 ProductOrder for instance, can I make that a mandatory parameter or will that automatically invalidate my conformance because a canonical 622 product order would be rejected by my application?

Lynn

------------------------------
    Lynn Dueck
    Oracle Corporation

• 2.  RE: Basic Conformance Question

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 16, 2022 02:25
    Hi Lynn
    Adding a mandatory attribute will seemingly cause the CTK POST to fail, since the CTK is not be aware of your extension and it won't provide your mandatory attribute on the POST input.
    I believe that there is a way to get round this, since vendors like yourselves, Ericsson, Amdocs, and others would like to add specific extensions to meet their business capabilities.
    Maybe @Victor Mari or @Henrique Rodrigues can explain how to "tweak" the CTK to allow this.

On the other hand, it could be argued that by allowing mandatory extensions we end up defeating one of the purposes of the API initiative, which is to supply interoperability.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Basic Conformance Question

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 17, 2022 04:36
    Hi @Lynn Dueck you can make a attribute defined as optional by TMF as mandatory.

To do that you should extend the schema on the swagger and for the test to pass you will need to provide a value for the new mandatory attribute on the JSON payload inside the config.json.

Best Regards,​

Henrique Rodrigues
    TM Forum