Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  BundledProductOffering SID and Open API misalignment

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 18, 2024 04:55

Hi

It seems to me that SID and OpenAPI are not aligned in the BundledProductOffering definition. I understand they have an opposite definition of this word. Do you confirm ?

• SID : A BundledProductOffering can contain several ProductOffering (that can be also BundledProductOffering or SimpleProductOffering)

• Open API TMF620 : a ProductOffering can contain several BundledProductOffering. So a BundledProductOffering is a ProductOffering that is contained in another ProductOffering.

------------------------------
    olivier arnaud
    Orange

• 2.  RE: BundledProductOffering SID and Open API misalignment

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 19, 2024 10:36
    Edited by Matthieu Hattab Mar 19, 2024 10:38

API definition:

BundledProductOffering. A type of ProductOffering that belongs to a grouping of ProductOfferings made available to the market. It inherits of all attributes of ProductOffering.

when we implemented this API, we didn't consider BundledProductOffering as a type of product offering. I admit I didn't read that definition from the API guide back then. We just considered BundledProductOffering as a container of other POs.

@Jonathan Goldberg do you have JSON payloads with meaningful examples showing BundledProductOffering including association with the new BundledGroup?

EDIT: in the swagger, there is another definition:

Represents a containment of a product offering within another product offering, including specification of cardinality (e.g. is the bundled offering mandatory, how many times can it be instantiated in the parent product, etc.).

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 3.  RE: BundledProductOffering SID and Open API misalignment

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 19, 2024 12:54

Thanks Matthieu that confirms SID and Open API have an opposite definition of this word.

cc @Jean-Marie Magueur

olivier arnaud
    Orange

• 4.  RE: BundledProductOffering SID and Open API misalignment

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 19, 2024 13:12

Hi

Oliver, I don't see misalignment, but I understand why the application is confusing.

What I see is that the TMF620 API uses the concept of recursion of ProductOffering using the IsBundle attribute. That is, while SID suggests that a ProductOffering can be Simple or Bundle, the TMF620 API manages this possibility with the IsBundle attribute. When IsBundle=True, the API applies recursion, as highlighted in the image:

Kind regards,

María Ramos
    Telefónica

Maria Ramos
    TELEFONICA

• 5.  RE: BundledProductOffering SID and Open API misalignment

TM Forum Member
    Posted 9 hours ago

All

We've had an extensive joint discussion within the SID and Open API teams regarding the Bundle terminology. 

The bottom line is:

• The Open API terminology is correct, and aligns with the plain English meaning of the word Bundled - i.e. a bundled offering is an offering that is referred to from within another offering.
    • The SID terminology is incorrect, but the issue is moot since in any case in the SID release 24.5 this whole area is being renamed.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.