TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  Business Partner Domain & Party Entities

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 29, 2024 10:03

We are in the process of renewing our data model and are using the SID, among other things.

This has given rise to a number of questions in the context of the business partner domain. There are Business Entities "Party Interaction", "Party Problem", "Party ...". 
    We had expected to find "Business Partner Interaction", "Business Partner Problem" etc. there. We understand Party more generally and not just in the context of Business Partner.
    "Party ..." I would expect entities in the pattern or shared domain. 

Does anyone have an explanation?

#OpenDigitalArchitecture

------------------------------
    Peter Klappetek
    Swisscom (Schweiz) AG

• 2.  RE: Business Partner Domain & Party Entities

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 29, 2024 14:47

Hi Peter

This particular SID domain has gone through changes, it was originally called Engaged Party (or simply Party), and then was rejigged to Business Partner. So all the Party ABEs stayed there, along with additional ABEs that refer specifically to partners. In the Open API schema model (which is not public) the schemas were separated so that we have folders for BusinessPartner and EngagedParty.

I would suggest to get additional clarifications from @Kevin Scaggs, the SID lead.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Business Partner Domain & Party Entities

Posted Mar 01, 2024 09:20

Hi Peter

The Party role is the key. Based on the party role, the other components  like Interaction, problem etc would have slight differences in the model. This is work in progress and as part of Eco-Systems - Zero Touch Partnering, this aspect has been identified and the inputs passed to the ODA and SID team. 

Regards,

Jag

Sri-Jagadish (Jag) Baddukonda
    Bell Canada

• 4.  RE: Business Partner Domain & Party Entities

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 04, 2024 10:24

Hi Jonathan & Jag

Thank you very much for the feedback. So I will go with the internal approach of using the "Business Partner Party Role" in the partner domain, which is a type of Party Role.

Best Regards

Peter

Peter Klappetek
    Swisscom (Schweiz) AG

• 5.  RE: Business Partner Domain & Party Entities

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 12, 2024 10:17

Hi Peter,

As others have mentioned, further refinements are needed in the Business Partner domain - all a matter of time and priorities.

Regards,

Kevin Scaggs
    TM Forum