Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  call forwarding activation/deactivation

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 19, 2023 11:03
    Hi Team.
    I would like to understand which TMF API is the best fit to enable the call-forwarding activation and deactivation feature for the Fixed(landline) and Mobile (prepaid/postpaid) services in the customer self-care portal.
    Should I go with TMF640 in this case? Please advise.

Regards,
    KC

------------------------------
    Kadambini chandel
    Capgemini

• 2.  RE: call forwarding activation/deactivation

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 22, 2023 02:47
    Hi Kadambini
    Yes, TMF640 Service Activation and Configuration is exactly what you need for this scenario.
    Just be aware of the following:
    • Direct invocation of TMF640 from user portal is recommended only if there are no financial implications (product price) as a result of call-forwarding activation or deactivation. If there are price changes, you'd want to do this via the full stack (TMF622 product order, and possibly also TMF641 service order)
    • You need to consider the impact of self-provisioning on the service inventory (TMF638) - it's possible that you will decide not to reflect the call-forwarding status in the inventory.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: call forwarding activation/deactivation

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 23, 2023 17:03
    Thank you so much, Jonathan, for your advice. In the current use case, we are not charging customers for activating/deactivating the Call forwarding feature so I will go with TMF 640.

Best Regards,
    KC

Kadambini chandel
    Capgemini