Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Can we extend 674 v5 to include Site Characteristics Section

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 28, 2023 11:26

Hello All,

I got a requirement where I need to expose the below information from Inventory System to Support Layer

• Provider Site (PoP) Details 
    • PoP Address 
    • PoP Locations
    • High Level Service Availability at the PoP (like Supported Port Speeds, Supported Network Services)

Ideally I can create a number of TMF APIs to support this like 674 GET for PoP Details, 673 GET for PoP Address, 675 GET for PoP locations and 633 GET for Service Catalog. 

Other than the PoP rest of the entities got very basic characteristics to expose. Wanted to check if I can extend the TMF674 v5.0 format to 

• send PoP Site details in Main section
    • create two section in Place[] - One for Geographic Address and another for Geographic Location (as both got very basic list of data )
    • introduce a SiteCharacteristics [] - where basic service availability is shared

Does this break the TMF API construct - Please Suggest. Do not see any use case coming in future where need to expose detailed Address, Location or Service availability data so using 4 different APIs looks a bit overkill.

But can do if TMF suggests it - Is there a better option as well

------------------------------
    Saikat Ghosh
    Principal Solution Architect
    Tech Mahindra Limited

• 2.  RE: Can we extend 674 v5 to include Site Characteristics Section
    Best Answer

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 28, 2023 15:43

Seems to me, Saikat, that you need the Service Qualification API, using the Query task. It's probably not a good idea to add service characteristics to geoaddress/geolocation.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.