Open APIs

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Can we use TMF-639 for bulk read operation around 2-3 Lakh per API request

• 1.  Can we use TMF-639 for bulk read operation around 2-3 Lakh per API request

Posted Jul 25, 2022 09:17
    Hi Everyone,

I am using TMF-639 Open API interface,

Can we use TMF-639 for bulk read operation around 2-5 Lakh per API request. 

Is there anyway in TMF Open api guidelines for such large bulk read request and how to handle them.

Thanks,
    Pawan

------------------------------
    Pawan Shriwas
    Rakuten Mobile, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Can we use TMF-639 for bulk read operation around 2-3 Lakh per API request

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 25, 2022 10:19
    Hi Pawan
    You can (in principle) use the GET API operation to retrieve large quantities, according to your filter expression. But there is no description of a real pattern for handling return of millions of records, where a naïve page size and limit may not be appropriate.
    And of course the API specification cannot take responsibility for the actual performance of an underlying implementation of an API.
    I would suggest you explore alternative patterns for bulk retrieval, which could include recovery in case the operation failed after retrieving 1,500,000 entities out of the target 2,800,000 entities.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.