Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Change offer product order

Posted 14 days ago

Hi All,

I have some doubt about change offer product order and interaction with product inventory.

Assuming that in inventory I have product with id: 10 and product offering SilverInternet.

The change order will consist with order item with modify action, reference to existing product id: 10 and desire product offering GoldInternet.

Eventually inventory will present product id:10 with product offering GoldInternet  but I'm not sure what inventory suppose to show during the order fulfilment.

I presume that as long as order is not completed the GET /productInventory/product/10 returns actual active product i.e.  SilverInternet. 

On the change order completion the data in product inventory are changed: GoldInternet and connected with it characteristics are saved.

Should that update result productAttributeValueChangeEvent notification only, or maybe it should be sequence similar to product creation i.e. productCreateEvent, productAttributeValueChangeEvent, productStateChangeEvent.

Does TMF has some guidance for such flow or it is implementor choice?

------------------------------
    Sebastian Wawrzyniak
    Sonalake

• 2.  RE: Change offer product order

TM Forum Member
    Posted 10 days ago

Hi Sebastian

The TMF end-to-end ODA use case flows should eventually address this with some guidance. However the currently published flows relate only to provide (new product). You could take a look at use cases 3 and 4 (TMFS003 and TMFS004 I think) to see when the product inventory is updated with the new product during the order processing.

For a change, e.g. change offer in your example, the situation is more complex, since you don't really want to update the inventory until the order is near completion (possibly after the point of no return).

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Change offer product order

Posted 9 days ago

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your response.

I have seen these use cases and for new provide it is clear for me that Product  Inventory is updated as order progress i.e. product is created prior fulfilment, its state is changed to pendingActivation as soon as service order is started and finally marked as active on product order item completion. 

My thinking is that the change order must not apply changes on inventory as long as order item is not completed but I'm not sure if I should go through all product phases (created, pendingActivation, active) or I can simply patch existing product with new data. I presume both approaches are acceptable. In both cases the client will get notifications which allows him to see the product change.

Can anyone share how you have solved the product offer change?

Sebastian Wawrzyniak
    Sonalake

• 4.  RE: Change offer product order

TM Forum Member
    Posted 9 days ago

I'm afraid that I cannot currently give details of what we do at Amdocs, due to intellectual property considerations. If this changes, watch this space.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.