Open APIs

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CharacteristicRelationship and CharacteristicSpecificationRelationship

• 1.  CharacteristicRelationship and CharacteristicSpecificationRelationship

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 30, 2022 04:08
    Hello,

I find in various API user guides that CharacteristicSpecificationRelationship has attributes that allow it to easily link to CharacteristicSpecification of another specification:
    - characteristicSpecificationId
    - parentSpecificationHref
    - parentSpecificationId

But CharacteristicRelationship does not have similar attributes, only id, which is not guaranteed to be unique between distinct object instances.

Indeed, it is possible to recover the related Characteristic through the CharacteristicSpecificationRelationship, but it requires to maintain the parent context when processing a Characteristic and its Relationship(s).

Wouldn't it be cleaner architecturally (and also more convenient...) to add to CharacteristicRelationship two similar attributes?
    - parentHref
    - parentId

Thanks you,

------------------------------
    Opher Yaron
    Proximus SA

• 2.  RE: CharacteristicRelationship and CharacteristicSpecificationRelationship

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 31, 2022 14:11
    Thanks Opher for bringing this issue to attention. I've opened a JIRA issue so that the Open API can discuss and possibly implement this suggestion.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.