TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  Choice of resources that best fit customer's address

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 20, 2022 12:48
    Currently we are working into a new project that are creating a new CPQ journey for B2B customers, where will be necessary perform Service Qualification and Resource Reservation. Therefore,  based on a customer address will be necessary to check if the services that the customer chose is qualify or unqualify, to validate it, Service Qualification system must check availability resources in that address. My question is: which system should be responsible to indicate the priority of resources that must be reserved to guarrantee that I will be able to provide the services chosen by the customer? I think that must be a Resource Inventory responsability, because it the master system of resources, so it should have that type of rules. However I couldn't find any thing regarging in TM FORUM (TAM framework)
    #CustomerExperience
    #DigitalEcosystems
    #DigitalTransformationMaturity
    #OpenDigitalArchitecture
    #General

------------------------------
    Caui Leal
    Telefonica Brasil S.A.

• 2.  RE: Choice of resources that best fit customer's address

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 20, 2022 13:59
    Just to clarify, because I do not know if I was clearly. Imagine that I selling a Dedicated Internet, in order to validate if my customer can buy a Product Offering Dedicated Internet 1 GB Special, I must qualify this Dedicated Internet Service, to do it I will use Service Qualification API, the system that will expose that API must request Check Availability Operation from my Resource Pool to get capacity and availability of my network. Moreover, after negociating with my customer and getting offering aceptance, I have to perform resource reservation to guarrantee that I will be able to delivery that service to my customer. Therefore will be need to choose which resources (port of CTO, Fiber, port of OLT etc) must be reserved, I think that the exactly port must be chosen by Resource Inventory. However, I don't know I it is right or is a scope of oder system defining it after get a list of available resources (e.g. resource order management).

Caui Leal
    Telefonica Brasil S.A.

• 3.  RE: Choice of resources that best fit customer's address

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 25, 2022 04:01
    Hi Caui
    I advise you to take a look at the ODA component inventory https://projects.tmforum.org/wiki/display/PUB/IG1242+ODA+Component+Inventory+v6.0.0?src=contextnavpagetreemode . This will give you an indication of suggested components, using the descriptions of the components in the table.
    Some components have already been published with more detailed specification documents, look for TMFCxxx documents in the published documents area.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 4.  RE: Choice of resources that best fit customer's address

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 27, 2022 08:03
    Hi Cauli,

Following is some TAM areas that I thought might relate to your question.   

Customer Order Validation "ensures that the qualified order is valid...", and "ensues early fallout which is less costly...".

Solution Design, and more specifically Automatic Solution Validation might play a role.

Customer Order Management includes order validation.   Customer Order Establishment includes a "Customer Order Eligibility Validation" function which "...function validates that the Offer & products specified on the Customer Order, are eligible from a commercial and functional point of view".

Customer Oder Eligibility Validation "validates that the Offer & products specified on the Customer Order, are eligible from a commercial and functional point of view."

Service Parameters Reservation "reserves the right service parameters based on service specification and service inventory for a service order".

Resource Parameters  Reservation reserves the right resource parameters based on resource specification and resource inventory.

I wonder if the last two "Applications" - Service Parameters Reservation and Resource Parameters Reservation might be what you are looking for?

Regards,
    Kevin

Kevin Scaggs
    TM Forum

• 5.  RE: Choice of resources that best fit customer's address

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 27, 2022 09:33
    Thanks Kevin
    We should bear in mind that the Application Map part of TAM is slowly phasing out, being replaced by ODA components. The function list of course stays relevant and is used in ODA.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 6.  RE: Choice of resources that best fit customer's address

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 27, 2022 10:41
    Hi Jonathan - Yes - the TAM is considered "legacy", and further refinements are not expected.

Kevin Scaggs
    TM Forum

• 7.  RE: Choice of resources that best fit customer's address

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 06, 2023 06:45
    Thank you, @Kevin Scaggs for your answer. Indeed Resource Parameters Reservation is one of functions that I need to perform to reserve a resource and Customer Order Validation can be related Service Qualification step. However, my question is more related of a recommendation of how should this functions be organized in terms of Applications. As @Jonathan Goldberg indicates I was looking ODA and there is a TMFC012 Resource Inventory v1.0.0 documentation which describes a Resource Inventory component. However, when we look to Resource Management Funcionalies as: Resource Allocation, Resource Availability Management, Resource Inventory Reconcilation, it doesn't appear as functions of a Resource Inventory Component. Therefore, which component should perform this functions? I think and looking to the market a Resource Inventory Management System should perform more than just Resource Inventory Management functions. Actually I do think that a Resource Inventory Management should perform almost all Resource Management functionalities to work "properly" and be a coesed solution, do you guys think the same or do you see that I could handle Resource Management functions using others systems?

Caui Leal
    Telefonica Brasil S.A.

• 8.  RE: Choice of resources that best fit customer's address

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 07, 2023 14:28
    Thanks Caui for your insights.
    I'm bringing this discussion to the attention of the ODA component team.

Jonathan Goldberg

• 9.  RE: Choice of resources that best fit customer's address

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 10, 2023 04:54
    Hello @Caui Leal,

I think the actual task of reservation/allocation should be within Resource Inventory Management systems. However, the trigger ​for requesting a reservation - this would be the corresponding task on COM/SOM. Resources which are actually getting reserved could go either way - it could be left to the respective Inventory Mgmt systems - based on internal allocation rules; or could be defined/dictated in the reservation trigger itself. E.g. a list of unreserved telephone numbers is pulled out, and out of that the selected one is requested to be reserved. Similar for say a static IP to be reserved from an available list or a specific port from list of available ports. Or, the trigger could just request to reserve any telephone number, an IP or a port - which Inventory system will be left to decide. So, if the question is around which system should trigger request for reservation, I think it'd be COM/SOM. And if it's around which system to decide which specific resources should actually be allocated - i think this will differ on scenario basis. But in my view, the complete lifecycle management of the actual resource itself should be left to Inventory management system as you have mentioned too.

Nimish Tiwari
    Rakuten Mobile, Inc.