Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Customer profile and assets

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 14, 2023 10:13

Hello, I want to expose an API which exposes customer profile(account, name, contact. etc..) and assets(subscription & Resource) in single response payload....which open API provides the reference for same.

------------------------------
    Ashish Sharma
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• 2.  RE: Customer profile and assets

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 14, 2023 11:02

API table:

Assets are called "products" at TM Forum and products are stored in the "product inventory", so you can use TMF637 Product Inventory Management API

in the sub-page for beta API, you have TMF717 Customer360 Management API

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 3.  RE: Customer profile and assets

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 15, 2023 03:17
      |   view attached

Thanks for confirmation need help on below points:

1. In  Product Inventory management API I am unable to find the use case where response is for customer information, use cases listed are returning basis product ID(retrieve products API operations) and not customer/Account ID

2. Where can I see customer 360 schema as per TMF717 Customer360 Management API.

"200": {
                            "description": "Success",
                            "schema": {
                                "$ref": "#/definitions/Customer360"
                            }
                        },

Ashish Sharma
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• 4.  RE: Customer profile and assets

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 15, 2023 04:17

for Q1. As the name suggest, "Product Inventory management" is not about customer. You need to read the PDF and understand what the API does, especially the use cases and the resource model.

for Q2. the customer360 API is still beta so there is only the swagger at this point.

there is not a single API that gives you everything you want. Use different APIs or you can either create your own API by merging existing TMF APIs (there are also other APIs that can be useful to you, do your own research in the API table: many API have the term "customer" in their name) or extend the customer360 API.

There is also API training from TMF academy,  API design guideline (TMF630),  a API developer guide, the API project (with tons of info) and this community with a search engine to see previous posts.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 5.  RE: Customer profile and assets

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 15, 2023 04:44

Thanks.

In such case I cannot use "Product Inventory management" as query I asked was to have a view which can provide customer profile and assets(products) and not product information.

I have seen API table but unable to see  which provides customer information as a single response even in customer and account management API's.

Ashish Sharma
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• 6.  RE: Customer profile and assets

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 16, 2023 05:59

Hi Matthew,

You mentioned you can create your own API by merging existing TMF APIs... Can I just take an attribute from one API and apply it to another? Would this still be compliant and following good practice?

If yes, is there any documentation offering guidance for this?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas O Donnell
    MDS Global Ltd

• 7.  RE: Customer profile and assets

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 16, 2023 07:48

You can extend an TMF API, like adding new resources and relationships or new attributes.
    API design guideline (TMF630),  API developer guide, the API project (with tons of info) should give you help.

In the API table, there is a document called Conformance Profile, it details what are mandatory and optional resources/attributes in case you want to keep conformance with TMF API.

we also contacted our TMF account manager to seek guidance from a TMF API expert on how change an API to support our requirement. 

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 8.  RE: Customer profile and assets

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 16, 2023 12:20

Thanks Matthieu,

I have followed this up in: Extending TMF APIs | Open APIs (tmforum.org)

Regards,

Thomas O Donnell
    MDS Global Ltd