TM Forum Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Customer qualification to present products according to the type of customer

• 1.  Customer qualification to present products according to the type of customer

TM Forum Member
    Posted Apr 03, 2023 17:51
    Edited by Francisco Nieves Apr 03, 2023 21:00

The company requires a solution to show the customer product offers based on certain criteria:

As a use case I indicate:
    A customer will be provided with a set of questions, based on the mobile device the customer has.
    The customer will be required to answer each of the questions provided.
    The customer will send these answers to the legacy system.
    The legacy system, based on the answers to each question, will return a detailed list of offerings or products for which the customer meets the requirements.

Understanding the use case, I find two resources:
    1- A service that will deliver the questions to me, I did not find any TMF API that can meet this requirement; therefore, I ask the community if they have or there is any model according to Telecom that can fit this case either TMF or nonTMF?
    2.- A second service that I associate more with using TMF 679 Product Offering Qualification Management API, using GET /offering method .... returns the list of product offers that to which the customer rates.

The only doubt is which TMF I adjust the questions sent to the customer, or which API model to use in case of TMF.

#CustomerExperience

------------------------------
    Francisco Nieves
    Liberty Latin America

• 2.  RE: Customer qualification to present products according to the type of customer

TM Forum Member
    Posted Apr 04, 2023 10:34

At runtime, to retrieve the offerings matching the customer's input, Product Offering Qualification is the right API to use.
    The snag is that we don't currently have an API to express the authoring semantics for the qualification rules. The natural place would be ProductCatalog TMF620, and indeed in v5 we are adding a policy rule reference. So you could probably represent your use case as a policy rule.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.