Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Deprecated APIs

Posted Nov 02, 2022 03:47
    Edited by Mukesh Kumar Nov 02, 2022 03:47
    Hi

Can someone please help with the process of deprecating APIs and where do we capture the information that a certain API is deprecated?
    For instance, I recall a discussion on deprecating TMF636 however, if I search for TMF636, I'm able to access the API and also download the API documentation which says 'Production'. However, it's not available in any of the API tables: 'Early Adoption (Beta)', 'Historic', 'Previous (N-2)' or 'Archived Comments'.

Same for TMF658, it's only available under 'Historic' options. It's not very clear if this API has been deprecated or not.
    Can someone please help in identifying the deprecated APIs? Also, I think probably the Open API table itself should be modified to include the deprecated APIs (may be at the bottom of table or a separate table in same page).

Regards

------------------------------
    Mukesh Kumar
    Oracle Corporation

• 2.  RE: Deprecated APIs

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 04, 2022 13:50
    Hi Mukesh

Thanks for highlighting this issue.  This is what should happen (although as you have noticed it is not happening properly today):

• Deprecated APIs should be moved from the Production Table to the Historic Table and marked as Deprecated in the Notes column (to distinguish them from Superseded APIs that have a newer version in the Production Table). 
    • They should also be marked as Archived in the resource library, with a note on the download page that the API has been Deprecated (this has now been done for TMF636).
    We'll work on fixing this for the existing APIs and improving the process so it's clear in future.

Andy

Andy Tiller
    TM Forum

• 3.  RE: Deprecated APIs

Posted Nov 06, 2022 12:06
    Hi @Andy Tiller

Thank you for the response.
    Also, thank you for taking this up. This would be really helpful.

Regards

Mukesh Kumar
    Oracle Corporation