Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Depth and Expand Directive with TMF620

TM Forum Member
    Posted 5 days ago

Hi all,

I'd like to implement depth and expand directives in Product Catalog Management (TMF620). For simple references (like ProductSpecificationRef) it seems straightforward. However I'm not sure how to expand references with additional attributes like BundledProductOffering or ProductOfferingPriceRelationship.

{
    "popRelationship": [
    {
    "id": "1741",
    "href": "https://mycsp.com:8080/tmf-api/productCatalogManagement/v5/productOfferingPrice/1741",
    "relationshipType": "discountedBy",
    "role": "A-Charge",
    "@referredType": "ProductOfferingPriceAlteration",
    "@type": "ProductOfferingPriceRelationship"
    }
    ],
    }

If we expanded this reference and changed the @type to ProductOfferingPriceAlteration then the attributes relationshipType and role wouldn't be valid inside ProductOfferingPrice. Do we need to introduce a new type that would extend ProductOfferingPriceAlteration with the relationshipType and role fields?

Same question applies for BundledProductOffering which has bundledProductOfferingOption.

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Gabrielius Jokūbauskas
    Iterato

• 2.  RE: Depth and Expand Directive with TMF620

TM Forum Member
    Posted 2 days ago

This is a very good question, Gabrielius.

I don't know if it's stated explicitly anywhere, but to me it makes sense that the expand directive only works against EntityRef and any refererence that derives from EntityRef and only adds properties that in the entity's schema. For example ProductSpecificationRef has an extra property version, but that's OK because ProductSpecification itself has version.

But in POP relationship, your example, there is extra information in the relationship class itself (role, relationshipType), and it's not so obvious that it is semantically correct to replace the reference by the full class.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.