Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Discrepancy between user guide and YAML/SWAGGER of TMF703 Entity Inventory

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 05, 2023 03:56
    Hello,

TMF703 (version 4.0.0) defines the Entity resource, and also the ManagedEntity resource.

The API operations, e.g. GET, are handled differently in the user guide and the Swagger. In the user guide, a ManagedEntity is returned. However, in the Swagger it is an Entity resource that is returned, and there is no definition of operations on ManagedEntity.

I also looked in the Beta table, it only lists a Swagger file, which is, in fact, the same version 4.0.0.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Opher Yaron
    Proximus SA

• 2.  RE: Discrepancy between user guide and YAML/SWAGGER of TMF703 Entity Inventory

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 18, 2023 03:25
    Hello experts,

Bump, as there was no reaction to this question in almost 2 weeks.

I am now looking into the details of TMF703 Entity Inventory Management and TMF622 Entity Catalog Management, as we plan to make intensive use of it. I find various inaccuracies and inconsistencies. I am wondering who in the community owns these APIs, and how to raise such concerns so that they reach the right people.

Best regards,

Opher Yaron
    Proximus SA

• 3.  RE: Discrepancy between user guide and YAML/SWAGGER of TMF703 Entity Inventory

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 19, 2023 11:43
    Hi,

ManagedEntity in TMF703 extends Entity REST resource. There is no operation defined for it like any extended REST resources as the same operations defined for its parent (entity) with the same URL are applicable to such extended REST resources. You must follow extension pattern using "@type" (as Mandatory), "baseType" and "schemaLocation parameters to manipulate a Managed Entity. Please look at the example as provided in the API user guide.

Regards,
    Kamal​

Kamal Maghsoudlou
    Ericsson Inc.

• 4.  RE: Discrepancy between user guide and YAML/SWAGGER of TMF703 Entity Inventory

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 20, 2023 02:44
    Thank you very much, Kamal, for your clarification.

I missed this because in the example there is another type ("Thing" ) that further extends "ManagedEntity":

I think it would be clearer to show the example with:
    "@type": "ManagedEntity",
    "@scehmaLocation": ".../ManagedEntity.schema.json",
    "@baseType": "Entity"

Sincerely,

Opher Yaron
    Proximus SA