Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Dynamic service catalog

Posted Jun 15, 2022 06:18
    Hi All,

Currently we are using one CFS for multiple Products and we want to send only specific characteristics per product for same CFS in 633 API, So that service catalogue can be dynamic for Get service and filter characteristics as per product. 
    Can you please suggest.

Regards,
    Prashanth

------------------------------
    Prashanthbabu Bhimarapu
    Proximus SA

• 2.  RE: Dynamic service catalog

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 16, 2022 04:16

Hi Prashanth

Can you please give a concrete business example (if you can do this without leaking IP).
    And what do you mean by "send" - is it POSTing a service order for the CFS via TMF641?

These clarifications could help the community to understand your dilemma.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Dynamic service catalog

Posted Jun 16, 2022 04:46
    Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your response.

For example I have Products Internet, Voice, TV and we use one common CFS  ex. CFS X for  all three products and this CFS have multiple characteristics, some are necessary for internet and some are necessary for Voice, and when any consumer tries to retrieve service specification for CFS X for product Internet using GET 633 API, We would like to expose only characteristics which are necessary for internet in 633 GET response and when consumer tries to retrieve service specification for VOICE for CFS X only characteristics which are necessary for VOICE should be exposed in 633 GET response.

Regards,
    Prashanth

Prashanthbabu Bhimarapu
    Proximus SA

• 4.  RE: Dynamic service catalog

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 16, 2022 09:33
    It seems to me that you are looking for a capability of having additional metadata at the characteristic level - we don't have this in the Open API model but you could add as an extension.
    But it's still not clear to me how this would work - perhaps a consumer that does retrieve (GET by ID) in TMF633 will receive all the characteristics, it will then have the responsibility, based on consumer context, to use this metadata to decide which characteristics are relevant.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 5.  RE: Dynamic service catalog

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 16, 2022 10:50
    Why would you want to squeeze all this complexity into one service? It doesn't seem like a good idea.

The general guideline for good design is "separation of concerns". The various TM Forum standards have always been developed using this design rule.
    A CFS should provide one and only one atomic service. This keeps you processes clearly defined, simple and reusable.

Regards

Koen Peeters
    OryxGateway

• 6.  RE: Dynamic service catalog

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 01, 2022 22:00
    Second @Koen Peeters. Please refer to document IG1233_Product_and_Service_Modelling_Best_Practices_Conforming_to_ODA for how to model Products and Services, should give a good starting point. Products and Services represents business models and systems should use them and these models are not specific to Systems or Architectures.​

Srinivasa Vellanki
    Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of my employer or TM Forum.

• 7.  RE: Dynamic service catalog

Posted Aug 02, 2022 07:51
    Edited by Sri-Jagadish(Jag) Baddukonda Aug 02, 2022 09:12
    Composite CFS can be used in cases where the Network domain is the same for the different Product Specs and the composite CFS can be split into atomic CFS to trigger the Service orders. And this decision should be made after considering the e2e orchestration for each of the granular services 
    However, in this case, using one CFS to represent different services that are provisioned on different nodes like Voice, Broadband, TV is not suggested.

Jag Baddukonda
    CSG

• 8.  RE: Dynamic service catalog

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 02, 2022 23:05
    @Sri-Jagadish(Jag) Baddukonda,

CFS decomposing to multiple CFS based on the nodes that are delivering each of the granular CFS, indicates Modelling is influenced by the Architecture used. Currently my personal opinion is "Products and Services represents business models and systems should use them and these models are not specific to Systems or Architectures".

Also as indicated why should the Customer who understand the CFS and cares about it get into complexities of how the CFS is delivered? Composite CFS built using multiple CFS is not correct. Child CFS can be modelled as Characteristics of the parent CFS and these Characteristics might be delivered using different RFS.

Hope this clarifies and are we aligned?

Srinivasa Vellanki
    Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of my employer or TM Forum.

• 9.  RE: Dynamic service catalog

Posted Aug 02, 2022 09:07
    You could define multiple "similar" services in your service catalogue and get that particular service details using some pre-defined Ids for your services. Further, you could have a mapping of service and its specified characteristics. 

I would like to know if we are breaching any basic principle with this approach.

Gaurav Sinha
    Infosys