Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Error Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted 13 days ago

I am working on building a facade offers variour error management functions by routing tickets to correct ITSM system (technical tickets, business tickets, ITSMs for various segments etc) and is consumed by various applications / APIs who can request to create a ticket. My application based on error (and corresponding system configuration) can determine where the ticket should be routed. Updates back from ITSM systems are provided to the calling systems either a SQS/SNS one on one integration or via a Call Back API which is defined by each calling system. 

Key Challenges I have are - 

1. is TMF-621 something I should look to implement for applications and APIs to integrate with my application?
    2. is there an implementation of Call Back API defined in Open API standards that can be implemented by each application? 

Problem I see with TMF-621 is that it provides a get API for each system to get status updates but the intent is to automate the updates back so that systems could build on top of incident resolution whereas TMF-621 would require frequent polling.

------------------------------
    DEEPAK GUPTA
    Telstra Corporation

• 2.  RE: Error Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted 13 days ago

Hi Deepak

Please be aware that API implementations can optionally implement event signalling. Each published API asset, including TMF621, includes details of the expected events. A key event for trouble ticket is of course the status change event - instead of polling you can set a listener for such events and behave accordingly.

Hope it helps.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Error Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted 11 days ago

Hi Deepak,

Jonathan is absolutely correct, but you can also consider using TMF688 which allows you to create your own topics for consumers to subscribe to. This will allow a more measured approach to what gets published (or republished off a TMF621 notification) so that it is easier for the other systems to consume.

Pieter Eksteen
    Ciena Corporation

• 4.  RE: Error Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted 11 days ago

TMF688 (Event Management - basically a wrapper for queue management systems like Kafka, Rabbit, etc.) is absolutely an alternative approach to the hub-based publish and subscribe mechanism. Just be aware that the API is still in Preview mode and not "officially approved" at the API publication table https://www.tmforum.org/oda/open-apis/directory/event-management-api-TMF688/v4.0.0

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.