Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Exchange of CI

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 12, 2024 03:06

Hi team,

Do we have API standard for Configuration Item exchange by TM forum?

Regards,
    Ambar Pradhan

------------------------------
    Ambar Pradhan
    Orange

• 2.  RE: Exchange of CI

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 12, 2024 04:00

Hi Ambar

Please clarify what you mean by "Configuration Item". There is a new Product Configuration API in v5 - TMF760 (in the table https://www.tmforum.org/oda/open-apis/table), perhaps this is what you are looking for?

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Exchange of CI

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 12, 2024 05:11

Thanks Jonathan for your information.

We are using CI nothing but a Install Base or device information. Please provide your input. 

Ambar Pradhan
    Orange

• 4.  RE: Exchange of CI

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 13, 2024 05:47

"configuration item", "Install Base" are not terms we use in the TMF information framework, it is unclear what you're asking. I think an example would help.
    my best guess is that you're asking for product specifications and product charateristics. Those can be found in TMF620 for products offered to the market (product offering) or TMF637 for products sold to customers.
    you could also read GB922 suite especially the Common, product, service and ressource guides.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 5.  RE: Exchange of CI

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 15, 2024 11:57

Hi Ambar,

Configuration Item is a concept used by ITIL and more typical to IT industry than to telecommunications. In ITIL CIs are maintained in a CMDB. 

This concept is not used in TM Forum. If you are looking for an equivalent you will see that TM Forum uses a more fine grained model with Services, Resources and Places. On top of that event TroubleTickets, ChangeRequests, WorkOrders and other bussiness interactions are classified as CI.

In the TM Forum each of the above entities have their own OpenAPI.

To understand the Information Model behind the OpenAPI, I suggest to start with a document called "GB922 Primer".

TMF639 Resource Inventory and TMF638 Service Inventory probably  will guide you to the concepts most recognisable for people with an ITIL background.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Koen Peeters
    OryxGateway FZ LLC

• 6.  RE: Exchange of CI

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 18, 2024 02:58

The TM Forum information framework (SID) includes the Configuration and Profiling ABE. It is true that configuration, as a first class entity, hasn't appeared in our Open APIs however that did change the addition of the TMF760 Product Configuration API.  Resource configuration management API(s) is on our TODO list in the ODA Production, Topology & Modeling workstream.

Vance Shipley
    SigScale

• 7.  RE: Exchange of CI

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 18, 2024 06:07

Hi

TMF760 includes a ProductConfiguration shema, but we found some issues on the model. Also the ProductConfiguration is missing as a managed entity (today the API just expose 2 task resources). I'm working on an evolution proposal.

olivier arnaud
    Orange