TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  Field Dispatch for Install and Repair

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 25, 2022 11:22
    Looking for suggestions for which TMF API might best used to create dispatch tickets for telco install and repair orders.  We were looking at the beta 697 but it still appears to be incomplete for both service orders and trouble tickets.  Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks.
    #General

------------------------------
    Tyler Blakeley
    ATT Consulting

• 2.  RE: Field Dispatch for Install and Repair

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 25, 2022 12:02
    Hi Tyler
    If it's not a work order, then what would it be?
    If you feel that the beta proposal for TMF697 needs improvement, please make your suggestions so that they can be considered by the Open API team and specifically the lead for this API.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Field Dispatch for Install and Repair

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 25, 2022 12:07
    I'm new to TMF but from what I can tell there is only a relation to the service order info and not the trouble ticket, in reference to 641 and 621.  If my understanding is incorrect I apologize in advance.

• 4.  RE: Field Dispatch for Install and Repair

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 29, 2022 03:56
    Thanks Tyler.
    I've opened a JIRA to record this improvement suggestion: https://projects.tmforum.org/jira/browse/AP-3900
    (you can see it only if you are a member of the Open API project).

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 5.  RE: Field Dispatch for Install and Repair

Posted Jun 15, 2022 05:36
    Dear Tyler,

To initiate the dispatch ticket for installation or  repiar.
    As per me we need relation with both Service order and Trouble ticket:
    1. When we are requesting for New/update order for installation , we need to have relation with Service order.
    2. When we are requesting for repair, we also need to have  ralation with Trouble ticket against which repair has been initiated.

Regards,
    Rakesh
    NTT Data

Rakesh Ranjan Tiwari
    Value Team S.p.A.

• 6.  RE: Field Dispatch for Install and Repair

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 15, 2022 08:59
    That would be my expectation as well but based on the current 697 beta spec it appears there is only a reference to the service order and not the trouble ticket.  I'm hoping that it will be enhanced before it goes mainstream.