Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  GET in a multiple version scenario (TMF630, TMF620, TMF633...)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 01, 2022 09:24
    Hello,

We have a general question around GET handling in the TMF APIs:

Suppose that there are two versions of a given PO.
    - The first version is already active/published and, valid for today - i.e.: this is the version we could see when browsing this PO on a sales channel.
    - The second version is in design status. It has just been created and, not activated yet.

If we go there and, carry on a GET over this PO, which version should we expect in return by default?
    The latest defined one (i.e: the one with higher version no matter the status) or, the one which is the active for today.

------------------------------
    Marcos Donato da Silva
    Ericsson Inc.

• 2.  RE: GET in a multiple version scenario (TMF630, TMF620, TMF633...)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 07, 2022 02:50
    This is an excellent question, Marcos
    I would say that the latest version is what should be returned. But perhaps it depends on the deployment strategy of the catalog materials. For example, suppose you had an authoring environment and a production environment. In this case, the query might return different results depending on which environment you pointed to.
    On the other hand, if you have only a single environment that is used both for authoring and runtime, you might want the unqualified GET to return the most recent active version.
    Needs more thought, but hope it helps in the meantime.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: GET in a multiple version scenario (TMF630, TMF620, TMF633...)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 09, 2022 08:57
    Thanks Jonathan,

What caused debate was the phrase which is there in some of the mgmt APIs:
    (..) "By default, only the most current version is returned (for admin and non-admin)"(..)
    So, different interpretation to the "current" word in the previous sentence caused the confusion, despite in some other documents (e.g.: TMF630), whe latest version term is explicitly mentioned).

Our implementation was originally geared towards returning "the active version for today" but now, we're shifting it to the "latest defined version" with the argument that our implementation of these APIs will not be used at runtime environments. So, this move seems to be alligned to your reply.

Thanks again.

Marcos Donato da Silva
    Ericsson Inc.