TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  How Business Intent drive Product Catalog browsing and configuration

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 14, 2023 04:29

Hello everyone,

I would appreciate your support as to understand what are TMF's proposals and guidelines concerning how business intent fits into product catalog module, that is:

• The business intent is deemed as another entity to be configured inside product catalog module? Are going we to deal with something like Business Intent Specification?
    • What type of relationship should be set up between Business Intent and BPOs/POs as to drive the offer selection according to customer's need? I might think about business rules which are evaluate at run-time according to selected business intent.
    • The TMF679 will be extended as to accept as input the business intent too?

As usual, thanks in advance for your support!

Regards,

Pas

#General

------------------------------
    Pasquale Rechichi
    Ericsson Inc.

• 2.  RE: How Business Intent drive Product Catalog browsing and configuration

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 14, 2023 07:53

Hi Pasquale

At the moment, we have Intent in various places in the Open API, including in product catalog at ProductSpecification. But I honestly don't know what exactly the (sorry) intended workflow is for intent at the specification level. It needs more discussion within the Open API team, I feel.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: How Business Intent drive Product Catalog browsing and configuration

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 15, 2023 02:32

Thanks, Jonathan!

Any clue, by when such topic will be addressed?

Regards.

Pas

Pasquale Rechichi
    Ericsson Inc.

• 4.  RE: How Business Intent drive Product Catalog browsing and configuration

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 16, 2023 13:03

Sorry but I don't have any insights into plans for this. 

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 5.  RE: How Business Intent drive Product Catalog browsing and configuration

Posted Dec 18, 2023 08:40

Hi,

The "Business Intent" you are referring to in this context will reside in the ODA Functions / IS functions and not in the SID model. 

Yes. 679 is one of the APIs to implement this. Depending on the "business intent" as you call it, TMF 648 , TMF 663 can be potential candidates. 

Sri-Jagadish (Jag) Baddukonda
    Bell Canada