Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  How to link price models for revenue sharing to agreement? (TMF651, TMF620)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 02, 2023 10:02
    Edited by Anton Tsapko Jun 02, 2023 10:05
    Hello all,

I am modeling a system that stores agreements with pricing models and I ask myself following two questions (explained further):
    1. how can price models for revenue sharing which are defined in the real agreement document be linked to agreement-entity using TMF651 API?
    2. How can price models for usage lease be linked to revenue sharing price models using TMF651 API?

Simple setup (also see picture below): 
    In my use-case an agreement between Company CORP and its partner PART is signed. The product catalog is defined by PART, since its her products. The PordCataloge contains bundled  infrastructure product offers for a specific geographical area; those products cannot be leased separately, only as a bundle. The real agreement document contains pricing for usage of each product-type and additionally a revenue sharing model for products that CORP "produces" on that infrastructure. 
    CORP has its own catalog with internet access products it sells to end-customers. That product catalog does not hold the pricing models for the revenue sharing because it holds pricing models the end-customers have to pay CORP for using produced products. A new system for CORP is being designed to store agreements and pricing models. The system must follow TMF standards.

Linking pricing models of infrastructure products to agreement for  (TMF651 +TMF620) is easy:
    It is possible to link pricing models with TMF651API. TMF651-Agreement Management allows to store agreement data. It refers to ProductOfferings (TMF620), see picture. ProductOfferings link to POSpecifications and PricingLogicAlgorithms. The PricingLogicAlgorithms is used to store data for pricing models that have to be used for leasing the infrastructure products. So this connection is obvious.

But how would TMF651 link price models for revenue sharing to an agreement?

One could argue that there can be another reference (another agreement item) to the CORPs own product catalog since it holds the POSpecifications of all the products it produces using PARTs infrastructure. But this seems structurally wrong. Besides that that CORPs product catalog holds price models for end-customers.

Extra complexity:
    In my use-case there needs to be a price model "above" price models for infrastructure lease and revenue sharing that connects the two. Following are some examples:
    • If the total lease sum for all network products is > than XXX than total sum of revenue sharing is reduced by 3%
    • If total sum of shared revenue is > than YYY than no leas for network product X (empty pipes) must be payed

Is linkage of price models between usage lease and revenue sharing in the agreement possible with TMF?

Picture:

------------------------------
    Anton Tsapko
    conology

• 2.  RE: How to link price models for revenue sharing to agreement? (TMF651, TMF620)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 05, 2023 04:53
    Edited by Matthieu Hattab Jun 05, 2023 05:36

I just have 2 comments:

you should  discuss with the people who design these APIs that may help you:

• TMF737 Revenue Sharing Reports Management V5
    • TMF736 Revenue Sharing Algorithms Management V5
    • TMF738 Revenue Sharing Models Management V5

go to TMF wiki for details.

In TMF620, PricingLogicAlgorithms is "end of life" and is replaced with the Policy entity (see in GB922 Product) starting with V5 (PricingLogicAlgorithms and ProductOfferingPrice have no direct relationship to ProdSpec, so not sure it would have helped you). I think end of last year, V5 was announced to be ready this June.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 3.  RE: How to link price models for revenue sharing to agreement? (TMF651, TMF620)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 05, 2023 06:58
    Edited by Anton Tsapko Jun 05, 2023 06:58

Hello Matthieu,

thanks for pointing out to Policy entity I will look closer into that.

I searched the Wiki (https://projects.tmforum.org/wiki/display/API) but I could not find anything concerning TMF736, TMF737, TMF738. There are no results. Maybe I missed something. Could you give me a hint?

I would also like to talk to those who design those APIs because I think my use-case could be quite valuable as an example. It brings together the entities agreement, usage, revenue sharing and complex price models. 

Best Regards

Anton

Anton Tsapko
    conology

• 4.  RE: How to link price models for revenue sharing to agreement? (TMF651, TMF620)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 06, 2023 04:19

Have you join the API project (join from here)?

I think you need to to be able to see content in Wiki. In this page I see:

A search in the wiki search box yields additional content.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 5.  RE: How to link price models for revenue sharing to agreement? (TMF651, TMF620)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 07, 2023 08:14

Hello @Matthieu Hattab

thanks for the info. I have done as you described and now I am part of the API Project and I can find the Jira tasks. Though I am still wondering if I can access any documents this way. I don't see anything attached in jira (Example). Should I e-mail someone and ask for a possibility to view the documents?

Best Regards

Anton

Anton Tsapko
    conology

• 6.  RE: How to link price models for revenue sharing to agreement? (TMF651, TMF620)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 07, 2023 11:26

Hi Matthieu and Anton

I'm not aware of any work going on for those three APIs - it could be that it's happening as part of the ZTP (zero-touch partnership) project. Or it could be that I'm not well-enough informed :) .

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.