Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  How to migrate from legacy CRM system to an ODA-based CRM system?

TM Forum Member
    Posted 27 days ago

Hi Jonathan,

Regarding the previous post in which I asked about "How to migrate from legacy CRM system to an ODA-based CRM system?", you had replied to that post , but I have no longer access to the related thread duo to the changes in my TM forum account, so I created the similar thread again and I would highly appreciate it if you could share the relevant link here again. 

Thanks a lot in advance,

Soheila

------------------------------
    Soheila Nemati
    Mobile Communications Company of Iran

• 2.  RE: How to migrate from legacy CRM system to an ODA-based CRM system?

TM Forum Member
    Posted 27 days ago

Hello,

TM Forum has a training course on ODA and a chapter/section of the course is dedicated to migrating a legacy system to an ODA-based system, with examples, strategies etc.
    I believe it also provides references to TMF deliverables that go into more details.
    I'm obviously not allowed to share the training material, but I recommend you take this course. It's a good overview of ODA, not just the migration part. A good understanding of ODA and ODF will also give you a lot of knowledge that will help you with the migration part.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 3.  RE: How to migrate from legacy CRM system to an ODA-based CRM system?

TM Forum Member
    Posted 27 days ago

Hi Matthieu ,

Thank you very much for sharing this information with me. I am sure that if I have the opportunity to participate in TM Forum course on ODA, not only myself, but also my company will benefit.

As you may aware, there are different types of training courses on TM forum training section, which of these courses do you recommend? Some courses are single(as you may find in the following link) and some are bundled(available in the course bundle section) , I would be grateful if you could help me choose the right course:

https://www.tmforum.org/training-certification/course-catalog/

Thanks,

ODA System Skill Path kickstarter bundle

ODA Components Skill Path kickstarter bundle

Soheila Nemati

• 4.  RE: How to migrate from legacy CRM system to an ODA-based CRM system?

TM Forum Member
    Posted 26 days ago

Hi Matthieu,

I just wanted to share with you that after checking the course catalogue, I realized that the bundle training courses are the complete training packages that provide necessary trainings based on all prerequires for that specific knowledge area, and of course , the cost of the course is more expensive than the non-bundle courses. I'll be in touch with TM forum training support team for further question in this regard.

kind regards,

Soheila Nemati

• 5.  RE: How to migrate from legacy CRM system to an ODA-based CRM system?

TM Forum Member
    Posted 26 days ago

TMF seem to have updated the training package.
    I took the "Open Digital Architecture Fundamentals" training and it had: Module 6 - Migration Paths
    Make sure you have this module in you course.

You could also find information about migration in the TMF Wiki. To access wiki, you first need to join a project.
    in your case, you could join the End to End ODA project (and/or any project that you might see fit)
    once you are "registered", go to the wiki and you search for terms like "migration" and "Strangler". I found a few interesting information about migration done by other CSPs.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 6.  RE: How to migrate from legacy CRM system to an ODA-based CRM system?

TM Forum Member
    Posted 26 days ago

Dear Matthieu,

Thank you very much for sharing the helpful information with me.

Joining the relevant project group in End to End ODA project  and TMF Wiki was a great help.

Thanks again for your very helpful guidance,

Kind regards,

Soheila Nemati