Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Incomplete TMF696 Risk Management API in Open API Table

Posted Jul 20, 2022 19:16
    The objects defined in this API's TMF696-RiskManagement-v4.0.0.swagger.json swagger file from the "Production Versions" page of the Open API Table do not contain all of the properties discussed in the API's user guide PDF. i.e. The PartyRoleRiskAssessment object does not have an id property in this swagger file. My company is currently trying to implement this API, so we are in need of a proper copy of the specification swagger file.

I have also opened an issue about this on GitHub as the swagger file given there is the same as the copy from the Open API Table.

cc: @Jason Funk​​

------------------------------
    Jacob King
    Metronet

• 2.  RE: Incomplete TMF696 Risk Management API in Open API Table

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 21, 2022 11:38
    Hi Jacob
    Thanks for raising this. As the lead for the Risk Management API, I can only apologize, it looks like a process and publishing error, and I'm trying to figure out how and why the addressable part of the entities (ID and href) disappeared.
    We'll work to fix this as quickly as possible, in the meantime apologies again for the inconvenience.

P.S. I'm not sure what visibility we have in the Open API team to GitHub issues - we use Jira internally to track issues like this. I've raised this meta-issue with Open API colleagues.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Incomplete TMF696 Risk Management API in Open API Table

Posted Jul 21, 2022 12:25
    Edited by Jacob King Jul 21, 2022 12:25
    We completely understand sir. Can't even imagine having as many artifacts to manage as what TMForum has and can't thank you enough for getting to this so promptly. 

cc: @Jason Funk

Jacob King
    Metronet

• 4.  RE: Incomplete TMF696 Risk Management API in Open API Table

Posted Jul 22, 2022 11:57
    @Jonathan Goldberg - Is there a better/formal way to make these types of requests? As you indicated, GitHub issues don't appear to be the best way. I know we can join the Open API Project, but is it appropriate for us to create bug tickets when we find things like this?

Thanks!

@Jacob King​​

Jason Funk
    Metronet

• 5.  RE: Incomplete TMF696 Risk Management API in Open API Table

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 24, 2022 02:08
    Hi Jason

This is not a new problem, unfortunately. The TMF people have not (yet) come up with an ideal way of allowing feedback (defect requests, improvement suggestions). The current feedback mechanisms include:
    • Comments in this community, which rely on me (and other good people in the Open API team) reading and capturing as project JIRA
    • Comments on deliverables page, which rely on the TMF staff to transcribe to project JIRA
    I'm afraid I don't have a convincing suggestion, sorry.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 6.  RE: Incomplete TMF696 Risk Management API in Open API Table

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 25, 2022 10:39
      |   view attached
    Completely unofficially, I'm attaching here the corrected swagger which I hope will eventually appear in the Open API table.
    But beware, use it at your own risk. At least you can compare it with the errored swagger (with .txt suffix) to get an idea of what was fixed.
    Hope it helps.

Jonathan Goldberg

Attachment(s)

• 7.  RE: Incomplete TMF696 Risk Management API in Open API Table

Posted Jul 25, 2022 16:35
    Thank you very much, sir. I handed this over to our developers so they can use it for the time being. We will check it against the Open API table once we see it is updated.

Jacob King
    Metronet