TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  Industry standard benchmark and strategy for Cancel a subscription or Postpaid paln

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 05, 2022 08:15
    Edited by SHANAVAS ELAYEDATH Jul 07, 2022 00:50
    Do we have any defined industry standard or best practices to be followed / benchmarked during the Disconnection / Cancel a subscription or a plan?
    #CustomerExperience

------------------------------
    SHANAVAS ELAYEDATH

• 2.  RE: Industry standard benchmark and strategy for Cancel a subscription or Postpaid paln

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 06, 2022 10:48
    I'm not sure if there is a "strategy", per se, for cancelling a subscription.

some CSPs have used the "tactic" of "forcing" customer to call customer service (instead of using self-service) to terminate their subscription.
    the idea is to give the CSRs the chance to:
    • understand the reasons for the termination
    • possibly convince customer to keep their subscription
    • possibly by giving them a discount (which would reset the timer on their commitment period)
    but the above is not a recommendation, nor anywhere close to a best-practice that TM Forum would recommend.
    A lot of consumer right regulations have also been put in place to make customers termination hassle-free (especially in the energy or mobile telephony sectors where some operators have used "aggressive" technics to avoid termination)

From a process point of view, You may find some information in the Business Process Framework in the Product domain.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 3.  RE: Industry standard benchmark and strategy for Cancel a subscription or Postpaid paln

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 07, 2022 00:49
    Edited by SHANAVAS ELAYEDATH Jul 07, 2022 00:49
    Dear @Mathiew,

Thanks for your response. I do agree the strategies will vary based on the CSP.

Even though we device various propaganda to increase digital experience, I always see a gap in the non-digital experience. You can recommend if you come across any non-digital journey especially in this area. 

Thanks

SHANAVAS ELAYEDATH