Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Intrgration with Billing System

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 27, 2024 15:16

Hello:

I have a doubt If my billing system has is own Product Catalog  in order it can generate the invoices, how I need to communicate every service and its prices (usages, recurring or OTC), is below RFSS of each CFS, what are the APIs to be used? Any documentation about this integration?

------------------------------
    Claudia Ivette Falcon Mata
    Thinkskink

• 2.  RE: Intrgration with Billing System

Posted Feb 28, 2024 02:16

Hi Claudia,

The Product Catalogue is need for:

• the billing system
    • product order management
    • qualification process

The TMF 620 has been defined for PC management.

The product order management is through the TMF 622. There is no dedicated API for billing system but TMF 622 is quite universal and might be used for that as well. The product order management through TMF637 interacts with product inventory where information about purchased products are stored.

The qualification API is TMF 679 and must answer what client can buy. It is a prerequisite for product order placement.

The CFS, RFS represents OSS i.e. services and resources. The TMF 633, TMF 634, TMF 645, TMF 641,  TMF 639, TMF 652 is used on these layers.

TMF has some document called IG1228 where you can find some examples how these interfaces are used.

Sebastian Wawrzyniak
    Sonalake

• 3.  RE: Intrgration with Billing System

Posted Feb 28, 2024 06:16

Hello,

Sending PO 622 to the billing system has additional benifit that to send the PO 622, the master core commerce catlaogue is consulted while respecting its commercial rules, so in this case the billing and its catalogue will be a slave and following the main core commerce catalogue that was used in the ordering and delivery.

Waseem GREISS
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 4.  RE: Intrgration with Billing System

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 28, 2024 10:25

There was some previous discussion in the community (I don't remember when) about a dedicated notification API for Billing and Charging systems. Nothing came of that, and it seems that the Product Order API is being used, as per Sebastian's answer.

Specifically for Charging, as Claudia pointed out, rating information is needed also at Service level, e.g. to cover the case of monetary allowances that apply to multiple service types (voice, data, message). The OCS needs to rate the events in real time at service level to ensure that the money quota is not exceeded. This has been discussed in the ODA use case team, as it relates to UC009 - perhaps @Elisabeth Andersson can relate to this, as the lead for UC009.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 5.  RE: Intrgration with Billing System

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 29, 2024 03:08

TMFC009 Usage and Balance Management has influenced our understanding and mainly deals with the charging aspects and this has been input to work to define components within the charging billing domain. As part of v11 of IG1142 with Components a first version of the billing components and interactions was published. V12 will be out after this sprint and components within this space has developed.

I would recommend having a look at the interactions between components in IG1142 as it shows how Product Catalaog and Product Inventory plays a role in this space both on component and api level. 

Elisabeth Andersson
    MATRIXX Software

• 6.  RE: Intrgration with Billing System

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 01, 2024 20:45

Thank you for the responses. I've found another thread with a similar question, and I thought it might be helpful to share it here. We have implemented a unified product catalogue in conformance with ODA guidelines, including TMF620. ...

Thanks a lot for your time 

Claudia Ivette Falcon Mata
    Thinkskink